Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo & USbank card question

tag
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo & USbank card question

curious if these 2 banks approve cards with chap 7 on file. re-established credit with 3 years left until removal. if so, which cards do you guys reccomend? Current utilization on all cards are around 20%. credit score around 720. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo & USbank card question

Yes both are BK friendly overall and you are far enough out if scores are good and low inquiries/new accounts you should be good.

Both are conservative lenders and might need to recon possibly with us bank, but certainly know people with credit with both places with BKs on their records

There are certainly better lenders to pick if you have a BK of your file such as Cap1, Discover and the likes.   As long as you didnt burn either us bank or wells and even more helpful have a banking relationship with them they will consider you.. Wouldn't say they are "friendly" with bk's, but approvals can be had with a BK on record

Message 2 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yes both are BK friendly overall and you are far enough out if scores are good and low inquiries/new accounts you should be good.

Both are conservative lenders and might need to recon possibly with us bank, but certainly know people with credit with both places with BKs on their records

There are certainly better lenders to pick if you have a BK of your file such as Cap1, Discover and the likes.   As long as you didnt burn either us bank or wells and even more helpful have a banking relationship with them they will consider you.. Wouldn't say they are "friendly" with bk's, but approvals can be had with a BK on record

+1 ...and the bolded part is key OP.  If you IIB WF or USB, it may likely be a long while before they can consider a welcome mat.  Otherwise, if you didn't IIB, and depending on your overall profile, there's light at the end of the tunnel with a BK profile.

Message 3 of 23
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

I currently have Cap1, Discover, barclays, BOA, Citi, Apple card, all in good standing with about 100k in revolving credit.. I applied for Chase earlier this year and they told me to wait until after my Chap 7 falls in 3/2022 for me to reapply. Im in no rush for more credit but it wouldnt hurt to have some good cards to establish a relationship. If they do decline me for a card, would i be able to submit 4506-T for reconsideration? 

Message 4 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mrjerry wrote:

I currently have Cap1, Discover, barclays, BOA, Citi, Apple card, all in good standing.. I applied for Chase earlier this year and they told me to wait until after my Chap 7 falls in 3/2022 for me to reapply. Im in no rush for more credit but it wouldnt hurt to have some good cards to establish a relationship. If they do decline me for a card, would i be able to submit 4506-T for reconsideration

Unfortunately, no.  USB or WF would have to conditionally provide that option, but it's not something they voluntarily accept as an option for reconsideration.   If denied, you can explore your options for reconsideration and see if that provides a good outcome.

Message 5 of 23
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@mrjerry wrote:

I currently have Cap1, Discover, barclays, BOA, Citi, Apple card, all in good standing.. I applied for Chase earlier this year and they told me to wait until after my Chap 7 falls in 3/2022 for me to reapply. Im in no rush for more credit but it wouldnt hurt to have some good cards to establish a relationship. If they do decline me for a card, would i be able to submit 4506-T for reconsideration

Unfortunately, no.  USB or WF would have to conditionally provide that option, but it's not something they voluntarily accept as an option for reconsideration.   If denied, you can explore your options for reconsideration and see if that provides a good outcome.

is there anyway i can get into a chase card earlier then what they mentioned?

Message 6 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mrjerry wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@mrjerry wrote:

Nope chase isn't BK friendly.. until it is off your record pretty much SOL.  Some have had success on recon, but 99% are instant declines and reconsideration is usually a firm no.  Not worth the trouble of wasting pulls with Chase IMO as they use to allow some reconsideration with BK's but basically have done away with dealing with them overall completly now..  A few slip through but that is far and few.  Just wait it out as the light is at the end of the tunnel

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short answer - no. Chase is well known to decline any application as long as a BK is showing. You are into Amex approval territory though. They require 61 months between BK and card approval. I believe that’s from the date you filed also, not discharge date.
Message 8 of 23
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@mrjerry wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@mrjerry wrote:

Nope chase isn't BK friendly.. until it is off your record pretty much SOL.  Some have had success on recon, but 99% are instant declines and reconsideration is usually a firm no.  Not worth the trouble of wasting pulls with Chase IMO as they use to allow some reconsideration with BK's but basically have done away with dealing with them overall completly now..  A few slip through but that is far and few.  Just wait it out as the light is at the end of the tunnel

Thank you.. 

Any other cards worth applying for? 

Message 9 of 23
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Short answer - no. Chase is well known to decline any application as long as a BK is showing. You are into Amex approval territory though. They require 61 months between BK and card approval. I believe that’s from the date you filed also, not discharge date.

Amex was in the Chap 7 for 32,000$. if i pay this off, will i have a chance? if i dont pay this off, how much longer will i be on the blacklist?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.