cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo application - no credit pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo application - no credit pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells today I logged into my Wells Fargo online access (which only had my mortgage in it) and found a Visa line showing up with a $5000 CL.  At this point I wasn't expecting to be approved since it took so long and I still have NO credit pull showing on my reports, but I was secretly hoping for a wee bit higher on the limit. Oh well, in due time, I suppose. 

I guess they must have used the credit pull from my mortgage - how else would they have approved me? So strange!

Congrats again! They often just soft you when you add stuff. When I opened my brokerage accounts, they softed me three times Smiley Very Happy.

That's awesome. I haven't heard a lot of great things about WF, so that is one plus. We shall see how things go after I've been with them a while. Hopefully smooth.  I wish some folks on here had CC's with them, I'd love to see how to use them and how they are with CLI? Auto at 1 year, etc.? Hopefully, because I don't want to rock the boat and ask for anything.

Message 21 of 29
Brusilov
Established Contributor

LOL, how come you guys get applications approved on softs and I get 2-3 hards every time I move? =P

From my own (short) experience they do automatic CLI's every 6 or 12 months, and I've confirmed this with a friend that's had their card since college (then converted to standard platinum).  He's tried to call for CLI's on his own and generally gets the same response:  we'll do it when we choose to.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish some folks on here had CC's with them, I'd love to see how to use them and how they are with CLI? Auto at 1 year, etc.? Hopefully, because I don't want to rock the boat and ask for anything.

It's a hands-off card. They do what they want, when they want. I got CLI's once a year. I used the card over the month and let it be paid off via autopay. They called when I bought expensive computer stuff, but the charge went through. You should tell them if you travel, like with other lenders, until they learn your travel patterns. One day, they just informed me I would have a signature card now with a new number. I had the option to opt out. I took it, and it reports a limit. This limit has never changed ever since.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to both of you for the insight!  Looks like I'll just use it as I do my other cards, and hope they find me worthwhile after some time. I kind of like that type of relationship, I don't bother them, they don't bother me. That's just dandy!
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vonmannstein wrote:

LOL, how come you guys get applications approved on softs and I get 2-3 hards every time I move? =P

From my own (short) experience they do automatic CLI's every 6 or 12 months, and I've confirmed this with a friend that's had their card since college (then converted to standard platinum).  He's tried to call for CLI's on his own and generally gets the same response:  we'll do it when we choose to.

If it makes you feel any better, the cable company promised me the inquiry would be a soft pull. They even stated on their own "we will need to do a soft pull of your credit to determine if any type of deposit is needed on the account" and don't you know credit monitoring shows a hard and I lost 7 points. Argh! 

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it makes you feel any better, the cable company promised me the inquiry would be a soft pull. They even stated on their own "we will need to do a soft pull of your credit to determine if any type of deposit is needed on the account" and don't you know credit monitoring shows a hard and I lost 7 points. Argh!

I was hit with a  hard EQ pull when I, (well, My DW) switched from cable to Dish Network two years ago,Applying for new utilitiy service will also result in a hard, 

Not meaning to thread jack, but a quick update  on my PenFed auto refi we spoke about earlier, those **bleep**'s Double-Dipped me today by hitting EQ, 

I dunno' what they're looking for, my TU score was a healthy 790, EQ was 771,

EQ-SW has now dropped to 760,

I guess PenFed's aggravated at me for not using that used car loan I app'd for back in December, I decided to buy a new car 'stead of a used one, After the double-trouble from PenFed, I think I'll look at NASA Federal for that loan, Their website shows they are offering 3,9% for 63-mo  or 4.4 for 72,,

Good job on getting the card without a hit as new inq's are obviously  bad for scores,

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! I would have been fine with the pull for the cable co. but they were the ones that volunteered it being a soft pull. I even made the guy say it again and then after the face I called back and they acted all shocked and said it's the first they've heard of it turning out to be a hard pull (sure!). 

As for PenFed, I'm sorry to hear they double inq'd you and then let you sit idle. I personally am NOT a fan of them at all. I don't think they make much sense at all and they seem very inconsistent on their requirements based on what I've seen here (with exception to their adversity to inqs and "pyramiding").  I SO badly wish I never started any type of relationship with them. 

Good luck with NASA Federal. Let us know how it goes! I'm betting better than it has gone with PenFed. 

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I'm not going 'Egyptian' with PenFed, I actually have the same open account that I did when I joined last fall, (sans $1,700 LESS debt on my truck and my CrapOne CC ),

After thinking about it, The thing that may have freaked them out is my mortgage,  Wells Fargo didn't start reporting it til December and I actually refi'd it in January, so it showed on my CR's for January then reported paid in Feb,

Interesting enough, when WellsFargo started reporting the new mortage last month,  that's when my SW score went from 763 to 771 ... 

New mortgage reporting was good for an a 8-point gain,

Anywauy, I joined NASA  Federal CU last night, They hit EQ to join and my SW score stayed 760.

I hope your cable is working better for you than Satallite does for me, I hate it but we have Charter cable out here in the boonies where I live and it ain't no good either ...

Message 28 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

NASA only pulled EQ? Gossip on the forums was that they pulled all three, but maybe they've seen the error of their ways.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.