Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo closed my cc account

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo closed my cc account

Hi, wells fargo closed my cc today for inactivity. Fortunately, I didnt owe anything on the card...Will this hurt my credit? Should I be worried?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo closed my cc account

No you should not be worried.  You have a nice mix of cards in your profile.  The timeline will remain on your reports for ten years. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 13
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

@Pway wrote:

No you should not be worried.  You have a nice mix of cards in your profile.  The timeline will remain on your reports for ten years. 

I was pretty bummed. It was my first card, my first bank, and not to mention both my car loans are with them. But as long as it doesnt hurt me im good Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think when it closes, you lose the contribution it makes to your UTI.

As long as you wont have problems covering the lost UTI, should be fine. 

The AAoA will not be effected for a good while, positive accounts stay on your CRs for 10 years..

Message 4 of 13
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

How long was your account inactive?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since you made a purchase on that card?

Message 6 of 13
Pway
Valued Contributor

I can understand your frustration.  You should maybe charge something small in the future to avoid that happening again. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 13
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since you made a purchase on that card?

Since January.

Message 8 of 13
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:
How long was your account inactive?

About 10 months

Message 9 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear!!! Thanks for the info.

Ron.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.