Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo credit line decrease

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo credit line decrease

Dont ever go with these jokers i started out back in 2007 with a secured card i put 3000 on it a year later then unsecured it and gave me my money back and over two years i got my limit over too 9000 four months after giving it to me back in june of 2009 they took it away and dropped me to 3350.  and my credit never changed and was the same i talked to the credit dept and they wouldnt budge i have a mortgage  savings and checking account and a lot of money in there bank.  I talked to a edited the ruddest manager ever at one point my phone died and she had the nerve to call me back and say i hung uo on her .  now back in march i tried again to get my limit up and i have no negs on my account fico score of about 712 and they still wont i am only using about 30 percent of my limits and they said my usage was too high i am not close to any of my credit limits i just dont get it i have left two bbb complaints and still the corp office wont make an exception or wont budge.  if you ever go with these guys and get edited on the line a manager in the credit dept just hang up and get someone else she rude incomptent and wont even listen to you.  i would not advise wells fargo card at all.

Edited to remove someone else's name. -llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo credit line decrease

Bummer that happened. Did they really increase it from $3000 to $9000? That's quite a jump. I have their card too, though never asked for any increases since they took over Wachovia. I can't speak to either Wachovia or WF, but a lot of companies during that time were decreasing CLs for no reason at all. I know of one poster on here, and I hope I don't butcher facts, but his scores are in the 800s and despite less than 1% of his CLs used, he cad a CC or two slash his CLs up to $20k+. No reason.

Message 2 of 3
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo credit line decrease

yeah from 2008 to 2009 it went up bout every three months or so and yeah it did go up to 9000.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.