cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo dinged us twice. Are they supposed to?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo dinged us twice. Are they supposed to?

I checked my fiances credit scores today to see what kind of effect the inquiry from applying at wells fargo would be, and there were two inquiries Smiley Mad I don't understand why, he was applying for a secured cc, why do they need to run his score twice?? his score lowered 9 points. right now every point counts for us, we're really trying to reach our goals to get a house. If we knew they'd pull his score twice we never would have applied!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo dinged us twice. Are they supposed to?

bump
Message 2 of 10
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Did they pull the same bureau twice, or two different ones?  For my secured credit card they only pulled Experian, but a year ago when I applied for overdraft protection/line of credit, they pulled both Experian and Transunion.
Message 3 of 10
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Many loan officers will tell you no new apps/inqs for 6 months prior to a mortgage.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might not be an error. I applied for a CC last week and my EQ score dipped 11 points! I was shocked that it was so much.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vonmannstein wrote:
Did they pull the same bureau twice, or two different ones?  For my secured credit card they only pulled Experian, but a year ago when I applied for overdraft protection/line of credit, they pulled both Experian and Transunion.

They pulled fromthe same one twice Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Your loan officer should have stressed not to open anything new or apping.  I was told to stay away from apping for ANYTHING until after I had keys in hand.  They can and often will pull your credit right before closing even if you have been approved and this can make a difference.  

As for pulling it twice, I do not know why they would, but when I was shopping for a mortgage, my credit was pulled by one of the banks three times on the same day...our lender disregarded it.

Lisa 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

scubagirl1215 wrote:

@vonmannstein wrote:

They pulled fromthe same one twice Smiley Sad

This sounds like an error to me. Maybe two different reps were working the app.

I would put on my best Nice Voice and ask them please to cancel one of the inqs. They were both on the same day, right? Not because you asked for a recon, and they pulled again or something?

But I'll bet that only one is counting for scoring, anyway. Multiple inqs on the same bank all at once are de-duplicated for scoring, even for CC's, probably for this very reason.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're not planning on applying for the mortgage for about a year, thats why we're applying for some secured credit cards right now. We're trying to raise our scores to at least 620
Message 9 of 10
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

cuz wells fargo sucks, point said. but i wish you luck on your goal of getting a houseSmiley Happy thats what me and my wife are trying to do.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.