cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo gives FICO Bankcard 2 score...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo gives FICO Bankcard 2 score...

Just logged in and clicked on view your FICO score link in my WF Propel account. It showed a much lower score but says it's "FICO Bank Card 2 score from Experian".

Does anyone know which other banks offer Bank Card score?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo gives FICO Bankcard 2 score...

@Anonymous wrote:

Just logged in and clicked on view your FICO score link in my WF Propel account. It showed a much lower score but says it's "FICO Bank Card 2 score from Experian".

This is what I've said all along. CBs have different sets of FICO for different purposes. The consumer FICOs are much higher than the FICOs provided to banks for actual lending. You can be very happy to see that your TU FICO is 800, but the bank sees your FICO at 700 and won't lend to you (car loan etc).

This low FICO is what the banks use.....

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is what I've said all along. CBs have different sets of FICO for different purposes. The consumer FICOs are much higher than the FICOs provided to banks for actual lending. You can be very happy to see that your TU FICO is 800, but the bank sees your FICO at 700 and won't lend to you (car loan etc).

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!  They're holding out on us!  

Hmm...now where did I leave my pitchfork?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, my FICO 9 Bank Card (as per myFICO) is 65 points higher than Bank Card Score 2 !!

Message 4 of 14
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Where-to-obtain-FREE-monthly-FICO-scores/...

Should have most of the common banks that provide scores.   US Bank also uses a bank card enhanced score (TU-04 BE), but they don't offer free FICO scores.

Message 5 of 14
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

free-FICO.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Right now, my lowest FICO is Wells Fargo Experian FICO. And my highest is the City Equifax FICO. They range 130 points! Just rediculous.

Since I've cleaned up my 14 CCs with statement balances (PIF) down to 5 CCs, I should see improvements each month. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

free-FICO.png

@Themanwhocan - EX98? or EX08? is there a typo?

Anyway, many thanks for the info....my head is spinning with so many score formats ! No wonder the "get your free credit score" market is hugely popular Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
sjt
Senior Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The scores banks offer maybe a different version the banks actually use for lending. All score are available for purchase through MyFICO 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

The guidelines are different too for different FICO scores....

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.