cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo graduating my secured card.

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduating my secured card.

Update:

All three CRAs are now reporting. The new account, with references to "secured" removed, has replaced the old account in each CRA. All other information and history is retained. No hard pull was done.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 31 of 39
Regular Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

I'm assuming you had $0 balance when it graduated too?

Yup or only like $20. I used to use it for everything and PIF a couple times a month. Then I got an unsecured card from HSBC and kinda went back and forth. Now I got the Zync card about 2 months ago and have been using that mostly. Now that they unsecured I might go back to using the Wells because its just easier to see and pay because I already check my checking account with them.

Message 32 of 39
Regular Contributor

Just got a letter from Wells. They said that they would have my money will be put back in my checking account within 60 days of when I got my new card. That was a week or so ago.

Message 33 of 39
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I haven't gotten a letter yet. Turns out they did a soft pull on Oct 15. Got the card in the mail 11/4. No letter though. Just the usual stuff you get with a new card. It looks different. Sort of a plain grey with WF/VISA logo. Since it's a real unsecured credit card I think I will use it more than the Citi secured. This might actually help me keep the Citi from unsecuring. I don't know anywhere else I can get 4% on an 18mo CD.

At the time they unsecured the balance, which I pif, was around $200.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 34 of 39
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduating my secured card

Don't know if anyone cares, but they deposited my collatoral in my checking account today.

Message 35 of 39
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduating my secured card

Same here, the deposit was returned and posted this morning. Funny thing is that  I only got the letter saying it was upgraded the day before while I got the new card last week.

All in all a pretty rapid return of capital by WF.

Now, with any luck Citi won't unsecure me (I love their CD interest).

Message 36 of 39
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduating my secured card -New CLI

After being unsecured only two months WF just gave me a 2k CLI!

Didn't app, found out logging onto my onlime account. Nice surprise.

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after WF gave me a run around unsecuring my card, I decided to go to a branch. I explained my situation to one of the bankers. He didnt seem to know what to do but called to credit service to get guidance. They advised him to put notes about my request on my account as well as have me apply for unsecured card. That way if im approved they will close the old account and open a new one. 

After gardening for about a year, idecided to pull the trigger. I wasnt able to get the outcome right away but the next day I logged on to my account to find the secured account is closed. I called customer service and told me account was closed because the product change request has been approved with a $1500. I originally put $1000 to the secured card.

They pulled my EX report which still has an aged CO due to fall off in Oct

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I dont know who to turn to for this but I am getting fed up with wells fargo and dunno where to turn aat this point. 

I have a 2500 secured card for going on 2 years now and have been trying to get it graduated. When I call all I get is , "due to the credit card act we are not graduating any cards at this time." I ask them where in the act or why their site says otherwise and get no where. I ask for a supervisor and get attitude including lines that boil down to me being a worthless and wasting their time since i have a secured card. 

Has anyone else gotten the credit card act line and if so what have they done to resolve this. 

I have been getting this line for 8 months now with no resolution.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.