Wells Fargo is Relaunching the Propel Card

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo is Relaunching the Propel Card

@UncleB wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu

Good catch, indeed.

I've seen a similar warning on other issuer's documentation, but I've found that in practice mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay) usually earn rewards just fine, while PayPal and Square are indeed mixed-bags.  PayPal is said to be getting better regarding passing along the correct MCC, but I definitely wouldn't count on it.

At a minimum some 'test charges' are in order (even with the mobile wallets) to make sure rewards are earned as expected.

WF is my bank,,, well half my bank lol.  I've been slowly swapping things over to NFCU.

They've been courting me non-stop to take one of their cards..

I was going to app for this one- I might still do it, haven't fully decided.

If I do, I'll do some tests via PP and report back. 

CHEERS

Message 71 of 252
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu

Good catch, indeed.

I've seen a similar warning on other issuer's documentation, but I've found that in practice mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay) usually earn rewards just fine, while PayPal and Square are indeed mixed-bags.  PayPal is said to be getting better regarding passing along the correct MCC, but I definitely wouldn't count on it.

At a minimum some 'test charges' are in order (even with the mobile wallets) to make sure rewards are earned as expected.

WF is my bank,,, well half my bank lol.  I've been slowly swapping things over to NFCU.

CHEERS

I have the "old" Propel but it's already earning based on the new refresh.  I'll be reporting back as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 72 of 252
arkane
Established Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu

Good catch, indeed.

CHEERS

30K points for 3K spend is pretty weak IMO. I'd only do this one if I had no other SUB left to chase.

And FWIW, I still think my Uber visa is a better card, and I'd rather deal with Sir Barclays' schizophrenia than Wells Fargo.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 73 of 252
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Does anyone know if WF issues AU cards with different numbers in order to make things easier to track? I like that Amex and Navy Fed do this.
Message 74 of 252
arkane
Established Contributor

According to the Doc, unfortunately WF gives AU the same card number as the primary cardholder. Smiley Sad

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 75 of 252
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Its live!! Now the wait begins, either yea or nay..we shall see. I hate none instant responses.

Screenshot_20180716-010755.png

PSX_20180716_010358.jpg

Message 76 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could bump my Savor and Delta cards.  Interesting.

Message 77 of 252
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Its live!! Now the wait begins, either yea or nay..we shall see. I hate none instant responses.

I have a good feeling, @Gmood1... hopefully they will give you an answer soon.  Smiley Wink

I wish I wouldn't have applied for the card when I did... I had no bonus at all.  Smiley Mad  The reason I applied to begin with was for overdraft protection, since the old rewards scheme wasn't anything to write home about.

I had a pre-qual offer and I didn't think there would ever be a bonus, so there was nothing to lose... or so I thought.  Smiley Frustrated

I also wonder if they will reissue the physical cards with the new design for consistency, or if I will just keep the white one until it expires.  I'm fine either way (I'm actually fond of the old design).

Message 78 of 252
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck
Message 79 of 252
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. They gave me a 1500 SL meh. Hope you have better luck then me

Message 80 of 252
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.