Wells Fargo new 1.5% Card

it's pretty and GOLD!

who got it!?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new 1.5% Card

I have it. Looks like French's mustard.(but at least I can easily see it in my wallet).

I PC'd my Platinum to it. They are pushing it hard in the branches.

You can redeem your CB once it hits $25.
Message 2 of 24
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Got an invite 4-6 weeks ago (we have our mortgage through WF), approved $16k SL - have not really used it yet.

Message 3 of 24
One7
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have it. Looks like French's mustard.(but at least I can easily see it in my wallet).

I PC'd my Platinum to it. They are pushing it hard in the branches.

You can redeem your CB once it hits $25.

I saw this card a couple months back (not a fan of the look) but the CB seems good and thought about PCing one of my cards to it but was told it was almost impossible. How did you get it done? Was it fairly easy?

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 4 of 24
LDS90
Valued Member

Creditaddict,

I got the card too. I PC'd my platinum to the 1.5% cash wise. Requested an interest rate reduction and went from 21.5% on platinum to 13.24% on the cash wise.  Denied any CLI so still at $6,000 for me.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was discussed quite a bit a few months ago... but with the recent events happening with WF I'm surprised anyone wants to do business with them.
Message 6 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't bank with them!
Well actually I don't do anything with them😜 But partner has credit card and line of credit so just caught my eye.
I wouldn't charge on it for anything daily!😉
Message 7 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I looked at this card when it first came out; it's not "bad", but it seems to basically be a Quicksilver clone.  I did note that while you have to get the rewards up to $25 to redeem, it appears if you redeem at an ATM the threshold is only $20... which isn't game-changing, just different from what I've seen before.

For some reason they really push their Propel Amex with me (online), which I'm not really stoked about, either.  Once all my 0% promos run out I might consider it for that (it has a 15 month 0% promo for new accounts) but they are offering me 18.24%, which is higher than all my other cards - even my rewards cards.

IMO, Wells Fargo credit cards are best for people who (for better or for worse) have deposit accounts at Wells Fargo, then at least you can link it for (expensive) overdraft protection. 

Recent events aside, I would advise anybody who's not already a Wells customer to look elsewhere for a credit card, since their offerings are easily beat by other issuers.

Message 8 of 24
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Won't ever touch WF no matter what they're offering. At some point people need to say enough is enough.

Message 9 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I looked at this card when it first came out; it's not "bad", but it seems to basically be a Quicksilver clone.  I did note that while you have to get the rewards up to $25 to redeem, it appears if you redeem at an ATM the threshold is only $20... which isn't game-changing, just different from what I've seen before.

For some reason they really push their Propel Amex with me (online), which I'm not really stoked about, either.  Once all my 0% promos run out I might consider it for that (it has a 15 month 0% promo for new accounts) but they are offering me 18.24%, which is higher than all my other cards - even my rewards cards.

QS...but without a real bonus. A slightly increased cash back rate for a little while isn't much.

I've not closely examined the details of the cell phone coverage, but that might be a good feature for some people.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.