Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new 1.5% Card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new 1.5% Card

OP asks who has it. With WF you just don't know. We all might have it!

Message 11 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I looked at this card when it first came out; it's not "bad", but it seems to basically be a Quicksilver clone.  I did note that while you have to get the rewards up to $25 to redeem, it appears if you redeem at an ATM the threshold is only $20... which isn't game-changing, just different from what I've seen before.

For some reason they really push their Propel Amex with me (online), which I'm not really stoked about, either.  Once all my 0% promos run out I might consider it for that (it has a 15 month 0% promo for new accounts) but they are offering me 18.24%, which is higher than all my other cards - even my rewards cards.

QS...but without a real bonus. A slightly increased cash back rate for a little while isn't much.

I've not closely examined the details of the cell phone coverage, but that might be a good feature for some people.

+1

The cell phone coverage might be very useful to the right person, but IMO that just makes the card that much more of a 'niche' product in that if someone has very specific needs it is an excellent product; otherwise it's very 'meh' for most of us.

I also agree completely about the lack of a sign-up bonus making the QS a clear winner for most people; if you don't have a use for the cell phone coverage it would take quite a bit of spending to make up for the $100 you lose by not going with the QS.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

After what they did to their customers?  Ummmm....no. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

OP asks who has it. With WF you just don't know. We all might have it!

OMG!  Too funny! Right!  They may have signed you up for it and you might not even know it.  Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 24
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

It's a rather... bright yellow color.

The main attractions for me were:

1) 15 months @ 0%. Even with the 3% BT fee, it still saves me money

2) Cell phone protection. I had a squaretrade warranty on the two phones I'm leasing, but this will cover them as long as I pay the T-Mobile bill on the card

Drawbacks:

1) They gave me a Visa, not a Visa Signaure. Not a huge deal, just odd given the 15K limit

2) The interest rate after the 0% is stupid - something like 18%. They'll need to fix that if they want me to keep the card after the intro rate

Other experiences:

1) They were very quick with the BTs. I couldn't do them online though - had to call. They did Chase and Discover, but I had to mail a check to NFCU.

2) Everyone I've spoken with has been quite friendly and easy to work with.

3) I've had the card for about a month now, and it's still not reporting. The first statement closes tomorrow I think, so I'll keep an eye out for it to report.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Mad They denied ME.  Smiley Frustrated  But AMEX approved me for a 

SL $5K Hilton-HHonors the next day!  Smiley Very Happy

After all the Bad Press WFC has been getting,

I kinda consider it a BLESSING not having dealings with their ILK!!! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Just got mine! I'm going to use the WF wallet to get my $10 statement credit. I'll also use the wallet when I'm out and about to get the 1.8%. Will do a BT now that I got the limit raised. 

CW.png

Message 17 of 24
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Fascinating...I took a look at the card on the WF website.  While the 1.5% rewards benefit looks very interesting, the go-to APR's lowest available range value of 13.24% V makes it a no-go for me in terms of apping.  (Already have several 1.5% rewards cards with lower APRs, and not really looking to add any new, double-digit variable APR cards to my collection at this time.)

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey UB,

Was playing around with my WF online and found a credit card management option that I had never seen before, it allowed me to move 5k from my WF rewards card (had 15k cl) over to a 2 year old secured card that just graduated (crazy WF) and they even gave me a $100 increase. WOW!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have it. Looks like French's mustard.(but at least I can easily see it in my wallet).

I PC'd my Platinum to it. They are pushing it hard in the branches.

You can redeem your CB once it hits $25.

sp or hp?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.