Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo now offering Visa Signature cards

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo now offering Visa Signature cards

@Mailak wrote:

@enharu wrote:
I'm still stuck with the platinum card as well. Called a few times to get a PC, but they kept telling me its by invitation only.

Maybe I will ask a banker when I'm in the branch to see if they can help with this.

I can see the earning parts but what about the redemptions... is the reward structure looking good to you? It's not cash back and they don't let you transfer points to other programs. Is what for redemption seemingly worth it?

To be honest the rewards structure is terrible.

You can redeem it for a check or statement credit, but each point is less than 1ccp if your redemption is less than $250.

Only for redemptions above $250, then each point = 1 cent.

I really wouldn't recommend anyone getting this card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 41 of 46
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Mailak wrote:

@enharu wrote:
I'm still stuck with the platinum card as well. Called a few times to get a PC, but they kept telling me its by invitation only.

Maybe I will ask a banker when I'm in the branch to see if they can help with this.

I can see the earning parts but what about the redemptions... is the reward structure looking good to you? It's not cash back and they don't let you transfer points to other programs. Is what for redemption seemingly worth it?

You can redeem it for a check or statement credit, but each point is less than 1ccp if your redemption is less than $250.

Hmm... that's what I figured but I thought there might be something you were seeing that I wasn't. Not that I have an invitation to apply... but who knows when it comes your way!

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 42 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

Only reason why I got a Wells Fargo card was because I didn't have a SSN then, and they were willing to give me an unsecured card because I bank with them. That was in 2005 when the economy was sweet and rosy and banks were issuing unsecured cards to anyone with a pulse. I didn't know much about credit cards then and so I figured why not. And they have been giving me auto CLIs and I've asked for it several times too, except that I was too stupid then and only asked for around 500 each time. So in a way I do appreciate them for giving me a chance and helping me establish my credit. I'm keeping the account open because it's my oldest tradeline.

But for someone who already has established credit, Wells Fargo credit cards are pointless.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 43 of 46
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i have had a planium card with a 9000 limit for 7 years so i asked for the pc change to a signature card and they told me i had to apply for it and i have to be invited to it .  I really hate wells fargo i kept getting my credit limit knocked down called and they put it back the next couple months brought it down again and then i called to get it back up been through list like five times.  i have a mortagage and a pma checking and savings and a great relalitonship i ask for a siimple product change and this is how they treat me i wrote the excutive offices today and i know that will get no where i have had dealings in the past and its liking talking to the wall i would get a repsone out of the wall I HATE WELLS FARGO there customer service reps are in the usa and i feel like you get a better repsonse from the overseas reps then there reps they are totally moronic. i should just get rid of this card but this is my longest one on my credit report for history.

Message 44 of 46
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Mailak wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

The reward structure used to be "ok" several years ago by being able to get $50 gift cards at 1 point per 1 cent. Over the last few years it seems the rewards structure gets less and less generous. May become impossible to even get a $100 gift card at 1 point per 1 cent in the near future.

The Wells Fargo Visa Gift Card at $100 for 10,000 points seems to be the safe from WF's relentless rewards dilution--for now. As long as you don't mind having a gift card as your rewards redemption, Better than waiting years to rack up 25,000 points for a $250 statement credit.

Message 45 of 46
mousefai
New Contributor

i applied this card and was approved for 5000 limit. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.