Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo offer just came

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo offer just came

Today's mail brought an offer for a Wells Fargo Platinum Card, 18 months 0% on purchases and BTs. I haven't thoroughly read the mailing because I don't plan on leaving the garden, but wanted to post about it.

It's not pre-approved, it's "you're pre-selected to apply"--which, frankly, surprised me. So a HP would be definite, right?

I've never had a WF card; generally speaking, what do people think about them?

Years ago, I had some banking accounts with them, and I had an investment account through WF Advisors. I was very happy with all of those, but have no recent history with WF at all. The banking accounts were in the '70s and the investment account I closed (after wiping it out) following my illness, so around 2017.

I'm firmly in the garden but have to admit it's tempting! Smiley Happy Especially after reading all these other threads about new cards--as I said recently, I'm getting that ITCH!!! Smiley Surprised

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo offer just came

Meh.

They're not wonderful, but not awful either.

I've got the platinum card, DW has the platinum and the Cash Wise.

All three work fine, none have especially impressed us.

Yes, expect a HP if you apply.  If memory serves, they pull Experian Fico 8.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 7
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the input, @tcbofade.

Right now....no way am I leaving the garden. So no HPs for me. I'll just keep scratching that itch, darn it! Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned upthread, expect a HP.  Sometimes, although not always, they can double pull.  They're not exclusive to EX either as they have been known to pull EQ or TU as well.

WF has a pre-qualification portal which they just recently introduced.  Unfortunately, not very many DPs as to how solid or reliable it is.  But, it's SP to check.

Message 4 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I tried the prequal, Platinum and Active Cash

I think this is the only time I had a prequal other than Propel, and that one I got after they stopped new apps 🤷‍♀️

Message 5 of 7
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

My better judgment is telling me not to go near WF's prequalification button. I think it's best not to even be tempted. My scratch-that-itch reflex is getting weaker.......

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SoCalGardener wrote:

My better judgment is telling me not to go near WF's prequalification button. I think it's best not to even be tempted. My scratch-that-itch reflex is getting weaker.......

Try it.

It's SP.

If no offers, then that relieves the itch.

If there's an offer, have some Cortizone or Gold Bond cream nearby 🥴

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.