Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo secured card

I've had this card for over a year and a half. With a 3500 limit. Average spending 1500 to 2000 each month and paid off in full every month. Income is 250,000.00 a year. For some reason they will not turn it into a regular card. They tell me to apply for a regular card, that means another inquire. Then close my secured card account, not recommended cause it will not look good either. Bank of America after 1 year mark did it automatically. I lost my job in 07. 09 I am back on my feet. Average credit score now is 667. Trying to get credit score around the 700. So I can start looking for a new home loan.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo secured card

Hmm... funky. I'd say use one of the backdoor numbers here on the website, call in and let them know your situation, your income, etc. and tell them that you want to have a regular credit card.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tired several times. I they tell me is that I have to be patient.  I even went into the bank and had the banker called in. IMO they suck!

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've tired several times. I they tell me is that I have to be patient.  I even went into the bank and had the banker called in. IMO they suck!

Wells has traditionally been horribly inconsistent with their secured card graduations.

Then all of a sudden last month something like 3ish forum posters here all got their cards graduated.  I'd thought Wells had turned the corner, maybe they didn't.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.