Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo signature??

tag
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo signature??

So I apped for the Wells Fargo visa Signature rewards. Instant approval $12.5k. Email says congrats approved for Wells Fargo visa Signature. I receive card today and it’s not a signature, just plain old visa platinum. Now I have a few signatures so it’s not a huge deal but still I’m not happy. Going to be calling tomorrow.
Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo signature??

Okay.
Message 2 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@icloud2525 wrote:
So I apped for the Wells Fargo visa Signature rewards. Instant approval $12.5k. Email says congrats approved for Wells Fargo visa Signature. I receive card today and it’s not a signature, just plain old visa platinum. Now I have a few signatures so it’s not a huge deal but still I’m not happy. Going to be calling tomorrow.

Are there specific siggy benefits that would be valuable to you?

I recently got the BBVA/Compass ClearPoints Rewards with a $10k limit, and it also came as a 'Visa Platinum'... it actually says "Platinum" below the Visa logo where 'Signature' normally is, as if they are emphasizing that the card is not a siggy... LOL. 

It doesn't bother me... like you, I have other Visa Signature cards for those (very) few times when the bennies might be useful, and in my case the card's rewards more than make up for the aesthetics.

If it concerns you, though, that's all that matters... reach out to WF to see if it's possible for them to change it.  If you do, let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think on OPs point, he's bothered that he did not get what he applied for. If I ask for large size fries, I expect large size fries...small fries is not what I wanted Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks op, hopefully you get it straightened out. Dv
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amy news OP?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, especially because my old 1% cb platinum card was recently upgraded to signature "as a reward" for having a credit limit above $5k. Find it pretty odd they would approve you for one, especially with a limit well above $5k only to give you a regular visa.

Congrats on the approval, but be careful with WF. They are shiesty & have demonstrated that to you off the bat.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha! I agree!

@Anonymous wrote:

I think on OPs point, he's bothered that he did not get what he applied for. If I ask for large size fries, I expect large size fries...small fries is not what I wanted Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting, especially because my old 1% cb platinum card was recently upgraded to signature "as a reward" for having a credit limit above $5k. Find it pretty odd they would approve you for one, especially with a limit well above $5k only to give you a regular visa.

Congrats on the approval, but be careful with WF. They are shiesty & have demonstrated that to you off the bat.

Completely agree.  They sent me a pre-qual on a Visa as well - which I've ignored.  I did go back and look at the terms after seeing this post.  It is strictly a platinum Visa, but when you get the e-mail and look at the application online, you can be led to think otherwise.  

I've worked very hard to re-build my credit, so I totally understand the desire to have a VS in this instance.  Snobbery or what have you, I choose a product that best suits my needs, provides features that I want and don't have to pay extra for, and coverage I can rely on in the ultra-rare occasions that something happens.

Good luck to the OP, let us know what happens!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.