Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo vs. USAA/NFCU

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo vs. USAA/NFCU

@dodgeball wrote:

Wolf Rightcoast is past that stage you need to look at his credit profile. He needs to get into a CU where the underwriting is not as strict

I think you are right about Rightcoast and CU.    However, that does not apply to all rebuilders, as you asserted,  and some are better off with major banks or a combination. . 

Message 21 of 25
bs6054
Valued Contributor

And perhaps many disagree but I against the whole "relationship" thing. 

It makes sense at some stage perhaps, but I do a lot better having checking/savings with a variety of internet banks, get mortgages from internet brokers, using internet discount brokers for shares etc, basically picking and choosing the best (for me) from each supplier.  So for example eligible people could join NCFU for their great credit card rules and CDs, but not use their banking.  You really aren't tied to one place anymore.

People here do this anyway with credit cards, you don't see "I have a Chase Freedom and I would like a Forward, but I wouldn't get a Citi card because I'm with Chase!"

But the relationship thing is present here with Amex, which again I don't get!

Message 22 of 25
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@rightcoast wrote:

I guess I have been off-subject. But anyways, I believe I can join USAA and DCU but just wanted to make sure I wasnt making a bad decision dropping Wells Fargo.

If by dropping you mean (from consideration), that is not a bad decision.

I hope you don't mean closing your WF secured card.  You should keep that and let it graduate, even if it takes a long while.   

Message 23 of 25
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

No I will keep my cc but I would like to transfer my savings and checking to DCU and establish a relationship with them. Maybe do my mortgage and auto financing through them. Although I'm worried about DCU and being able to withdraw large sums when needed :/

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 24 of 25
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Or perhaps jus the simplicity of cashing a chek at a local branch kinda worries me

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.