Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells fargo Credit card vs Wells fargo debit card Customer Since Info

tag
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Wells fargo Credit card vs Wells fargo debit card Customer Since Info

Why is it my Wells Fargo Debit card says Customer since 2010 but my Wells Fargo Credit Card that I received today says Customer Since 2013??

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Wells fargo Credit card vs Wells fargo debit card Customer Since Info

different departments, i am guessing.

just noticed the same for mine! haha

never even noticed there's a notation on when my account was opened with them lols Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 11
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Haha Ok so its not just me! Phew! LOL

Message 3 of 11
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Same for me.  I'm also guessing the banking and credit departments are different enough to warrent seperate "Customer Since" info. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Same for me i bank with Wells since 2009 and  got this WF secured card in 2011 and it says Member since 2011 but yesterday i decided to close that account and the reason: i had it for 18 months and no graduation plus In my opinion wells doesn´t have good reward credit products... and that´s a crucial part for me when i decide to apply for a new credit card. 

Message 6 of 11
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Im waiting for my new Wells Fargo rewards card to come. I wasnt aware there was going to be a difference in the "customer since dates."  I guess I will just have to be happy that they gave me my biggest limit to date.

Message 7 of 11
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I've been banking at Wells Fargo since 1991 and you've inspired me to dig my Wells Visa out of the sock drawer to check the date against my debit card. I'll check tomorrow maybe. I have the Wells Visa as overdraft protection and because I owe money on it (and I have a great limit) but its the pits on rewards, which is why I now have some good rewards cards to put my spend on.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed my WF secured card due to not graduation and not able to waive my annual fee. I personally don't like their customer service either.
Message 9 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

wells fargo customer service has been pretty good for my own experience. they aren't the best like amazon.com (the company itself, not the visa or store card), but they aren't too shabby either. at least i don't get pushed around different departments and getting stuff resolved only takes 1 phone call usually.

Wells Fargo in general is considered as conservative in extending out credit initially. As a result people with less than ideal often have troubles getting their unsecured card, and people with really good credit don't see a point in getting that card. So it is more catered towards people who have "okay" credit that isn't really good nor bad (like 650-720 region as a rough guesstimate). If you get in and do everything correctly, they're a good company to work with.

i had their unsecured card from the very start since i was in college, and CLI weren't that great when i was in college. however after i graduated, CLI were pretty frequent. Every 3-9 months I would get increases between 1500-3000, some which were initiated on my end (SP only), and some were auto. I bank primarily with Chase and Wells Fargo for my checkings & savings, so that might have helped things some way or another.

I agree on their rewards though, their rewards program are abymssal. Currently it is at a little less than 1% cashback.

However, they seem to offer low APRs to loyal customers, so it's better off to classify them as the likes of cards like Citi Simplicity, Chase slate, rather than with other rewards cards. It's not a great card, but its a no frills low APR card if you ever need to carry a balance. They also extended my 0% APR for a year after I graduated from college. As a result I often maxed out that card (like 95-100% utilization) for a few months, with only minimum payment made, and I NEVER got into any AA trouble.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.