cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WellsFargo- Propel card or Autograph card???

tag
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

Re: WellsFargo- Propel card or Autograph card???

@Janneman wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

Iirc the Propel is a Amex and the Autograph is a Visa. Visa is more widely accepted which is a point for the Autograph. I'd probably keep whichever has the higher CL. 

You could be right, but so far my experience has been opposite. Whenever I travel to different countries, most of the time my other cards with visa and Mastercard don't even work...don't know why but Amex works like a charm...which is why I have heavily used my Propel card at abroad along my Gold and Platinum real Amex cards...This is sole reason I am leaning towards keeping Propel card over Autograp one....

This really surprises me. I find outside of the United States that AMEX is often not taken. Heck, if a place doesn't take one of the major credit card brands even within the United States it would usually be AMEX. I imagine data would back me up on this but maybe certain other countries widely accept Amex and I am just ignorant to that. 

Message 21 of 25
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Yup, you can reallocate from your Autograph to the Propel as well.  The only restriction is not being able to PC from the Propel Amex to the Visa lineup.  I'd too take advantage of the AG's 0% intro before reallocating/closing your AG line to the Propel as the CSR suggested.  P.S. I just read/noticed that you had already knew and did the reallocation from your CW to the Propel (sorry, post Turkey comsumption sleepiness was setting in.)  

I myself have a Propel and two AG cards; still trying to figure out what my long term plans are.

@Janneman wrote:

But I will be closing my Autograph and would keep the Propel.

Message 22 of 25
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would keep the propel ONLY because it has years behind it, although I would prefer a visa over Amex. I wish I could pc my propel to autograph. It's not the same since they took away Amex offers.

did u try 2 pc your propel to autograph?

WF won't allow PCs from Amex to Visa currently.

Message 23 of 25
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Very nice @cws-21.  $50,000 is a fantastic WF limit.

Thanks for pointing out that you can move the entire Propel CL if its being closed.  Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 25
Janneman
Established Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Yup, you can reallocate from your Autograph to the Propel as well.  The only restriction is not being able to PC from the Propel Amex to the Visa lineup.  I'd too take advantage of the AG's 0% intro before reallocating/closing your AG line to the Propel as the CSR suggested.  P.S. I just read/noticed that you had already knew and did the reallocation from your CW to the Propel (sorry, post Turkey comsumption sleepiness was setting in.)  

I myself have a Propel and two AG cards; still trying to figure out what my long term plans are.

@Janneman wrote:

But I will be closing my Autograph and would keep the Propel.

I relocated the whole limit from my Cashwise card to newly obtained Autograph card...and then closed Cashwise. And I plan on doing the same for my Autograph....closing it down after relocating whole limit to Propel card...unless I would get a very generous CLI on Autograph. Right now I have $300 SUB to earn on it...and I believe there is 0% APR for first 12 months...Not it matters because I pay in full anyway. The only reasons for me to keep Propel over Autograph are-(1) Amex works like a charm at abroad wherein I travel over Visa/Mastercard. In that country, 99% of the times visa/mastercard issued by US bank dont work over there, but Amex payment method works like a charm. (2) I have many years' history with Propel.  

One member above suggested that he would rather keep the both, but I dont wanna keep both because I already have too many cards and I hardly be using any of these cards...so I better to home cleaning and should get rid off of unnecessary cards to allow space of other meaningful cards....

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.