Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What AMEX Card to Apply For?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What AMEX Card to Apply For?

@DI wrote:

If I report my AMEX card lost/stolen, will it prompt AMEX to create and report a new account and tradeline to the CRAs?  That may be a way to get my 1997 date reported without applying for a 2nd card.  Just a thought.

hmmmm, thats a good damn question dude!!!! I wonder if that just might work?????

I'm sure someone will chime in with some good advice on this.

Man, I sure hope someone with first hand experience on this issue will chime in and tell you YES this will work!

Message 21 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

If I report my AMEX card lost/stolen, will it prompt AMEX to create and report a new account and tradeline to the CRAs?  That may be a way to get my 1997 date reported without applying for a 2nd card.  Just a thought.

hmmmm, thats a good damn question dude!!!! I wonder if that just might work?????

I'm sure someone will chime in with some good advice on this.

Man, I sure hope someone with first hand experience on this issue will chime in and tell you YES this will work!

Thanks bro!   I just found this answer on AMEX website.  But now I wonder if the date will change too.

Will my Card account number change if I requested a replacement Card?

If you requested a lost, stolen or non-received replacement Card, your Card account number will be changed immediately for your protection.

If you are using the Card for any recurring billing like cellphone charges, please contact the merchant to make alternative payment arrangements until your new Card arrives.

We will not issue a new Card account number for damaged replacement Card requests.

Message 22 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

I don't  think reporting the card lost will work.   Since the card number and number reported to the CRAs are different, they won't need to update anything with the CRAs.    Smiley Mad

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.