Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC Try

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CC Try

@taxi818 wrote:

Too bad you only know your Transunion score. There is not much difference between a 680 and 700 to be honest. Both considered good (edit). With the exact same risk ratings. He is right about having a bank card instead of just store cards. and the main Tu pullers are barclays and Synchrony. However, That being said. The apple card which i still have will get you an approval with your 680 no problems. Even without a Bank Card as they are Co branded. you would probably get a good limit as well since you are at 11% util. Good luck what ever you decide to do.

Good point Taxi, I didn't even think about the Apple card.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check barclay but they not accept puerto rico Smiley Sad , i was thinking try for paypal extras but if they not approved it then they try smart connect. i dont know what card synchrony offer with just visa or mastercard option not store version too. 

Message 12 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I check barclay but they not accept puerto rico Smiley Sad , i was thinking try for paypal extras but if they not approved it then they try smart connect. i dont know what card synchrony offer with just visa or mastercard option not store version too. 

Well unless your scores 700 on tu Pay pal master card is almost out of reach. But you don't need to apply for
Smart connect if you apply for pay pal mastercard. They will approve you if you are not qualified for the Paypal version.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh, Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, a lot of banks won't accept Puerto Rican addresses (for whatever reason, never made sense to me), and that makes your specifications a lot more difficult. Capital One, AFAIK, doesn't accept it. I believe Amex does, as well as Chase, but I can be completely wrong about that.

Even if they accept PR addresses, they might not allow you to be prequalified for anything, so you'd have to unfortunately cold-app. If you're willing to take the huge gamble, I'd try Chase, first, then. I believe Bank of America tends to be pretty lenient about elegibility--since they (the last time I checked) allow people to apply for accounts with a matrícula consular card, I'm almost sure they should accept PR citizens for CCs. Might be worth calling them and figuring that out. Their CCs aren't impressive at all, unfortunately.

Santander is another one that will accept PR residents, but... eh, I really don't recommend them. I have a student checking account with them that I'm very unsatisfied with (long story), but I guess I'll be keeping it while it remains free. Don't recommend them, or their products.

Yeah, for banks, it's a little limiting. If Chase accepts PR residents, maybe it's worth attempting. But now I'm definitely suggesting, instead, to wait until 700+ and be aware of your other scores, then apply for Amex when ready...
Message 14 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ooh, Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, a lot of banks won't accept Puerto Rican addresses (for whatever reason, never made sense to me), and that makes your specifications a lot more difficult. Capital One, AFAIK, doesn't accept it. I believe Amex does, as well as Chase, but I can be completely wrong about that.

Even if they accept PR addresses, they might not allow you to be prequalified for anything, so you'd have to unfortunately cold-app. If you're willing to take the huge gamble, I'd try Chase, first, then. I believe Bank of America tends to be pretty lenient about elegibility--since they (the last time I checked) allow people to apply for accounts with a matrícula consular card, I'm almost sure they should accept PR citizens for CCs. Might be worth calling them and figuring that out. Their CCs aren't impressive at all, unfortunately.

Santander is another one that will accept PR residents, but... eh, I really don't recommend them. I have a student checking account with them that I'm very unsatisfied with (long story), but I guess I'll be keeping it while it remains free. Don't recommend them, or their products.

Yeah, for banks, it's a little limiting. If Chase accepts PR residents, maybe it's worth attempting. But now I'm definitely suggesting, instead, to wait until 700+ and be aware of your other scores, then apply for Amex when ready...

Most will accept pr. They don't need consular card. Still part of USA. just outside of continental. Best to go in branch in San juan. that will end all headaches.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most will accept pr. They don't need consular card. Still part of USA. just outside of continental. Best to go in branch in San juan. that will end all headaches.

Yeah, I know PR is part of the US; I just mentioned the consular card because there's some in-branch BoA people who will say they don't accept ID other than US state/DL and won't accept numbers that aren't SSN (such as ITIN), but BoA actually accepts all of that, including the consular card, so that's just an example of them being misinformed and saying they might not accept you for whatever reason, when they can. You might need to push it a little bit, or talk to someone else.

I have a family member living in PR, and he's been mostly locked out of applying online--of course, this was about a year ago, so it might have changed. I agree that, for whatever the OP plans to apply for, they ought to try in-branch (and call beforehand), because for some reason some banks stick with continental online.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.