Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC's pull EQ?

tag
RachelRachel
Regular Contributor

What CC's pull EQ?

Hi.  I fear that my Chase (old WaMu) card will be cancelled soon since I have high utilization and it is the highest CL I have ($2,500) so I am trying to be proactive.  My highest credit score is Equifax with a 640.  Who are the best CC's to apply for that pull EQ?  
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: What CC's pull EQ?

What state are you in?
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A local credit union will be your best bet. Unless you live in the upper Midwest, which is TU territory, most local (and national) CU's pull EQ.

Banks have really raised requirements recently, and I'm afraid that your EQ FICO 640 won't take you as far today among the big boys as it once would have. Almost all CU's have far superior service to that of banks, and you can establish a working relationship that will carry you along --car loans, etc.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
RachelRachel
Regular Contributor

BungalowMo, I'm in California.

Haulingthescoreup, thank you for the advice.  I'm fairly new to the forum and am trying to repair the damage I did to my credit when I filed Bankruptcy in 2004, discharged 3/2005.  I haven't had any lates since then but after reading the credit card boards today, I think I should concentrate at lowering my utilization to raise my scores before I app for new credit.  If/when Chase cancels my flexible rewards card, I can deal with it then.  Bringing down my utilization can only help from what I've read here.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Getting down util is the easiest and quickest way to improve scores (if you have the money, of course, lol.) Sounds like a good plan!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RachelRachel wrote:

BungalowMo, I'm in California.

Haulingthescoreup, thank you for the advice.  I'm fairly new to the forum and am trying to repair the damage I did to my credit when I filed Bankruptcy in 2004, discharged 3/2005.  I haven't had any lates since then but after reading the credit card boards today, I think I should concentrate at lowering my utilization to raise my scores before I app for new credit.  If/when Chase cancels my flexible rewards card, I can deal with it then.  Bringing down my utilization can only help from what I've read here.  Thanks again.

Most banks and CUs in California pull Experian.  In fact, I don't know of any CUs based in California that don't pull EXP.  The only EQ pulls that I am aware in California are Alliant CU, Cabela's, GEMB, and Krogers.

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 07-20-2009 06:15 PM
Message 6 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Getting down your UTIL is a very good plan and totally under your control.

It sounds like Chase did convert your card to a rewards card after the WaMu takeover. They might just leave your alone!

Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I live in Hawaii and CITI "sometimes" pulls EQ
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
I live in Hawaii and CITI "sometimes" pulls EQ

CITI is an  EXP puller in California.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.