Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CRA do Chase use for credit cards

tag
moqueen82
New Visitor

What CRA do Chase use for credit cards

I would like to apply for the Chase Freedom unlimited but not sure what CRA they use. My Equifax is low and I have things in dispute there but my transunion and Experian is good. Transunion-668 and Experian-670 and will be going up. Anyone know?

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: What CRA do Chase use for credit cards

Apps with Chase are always a double pull (EX and TU) for me.
Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Usually two of the three for most.. In my case EQ/EXP.. So just assume they will pull 2 of random CRA and if lucky only 1, but typicaly two.   Usually it is is also regional by where you live with regards to what they pull, but doesn't stop the double pull all the time

Message 3 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

It seems they always pull EX and grab a TU or EQ as a secondary (if borderline or an over-app'er). Always has been EX and TU for me.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They recently pulled both TU and EX for me. 

Message 5 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@moqueen82 wrote:
I would like to apply for the Chase Freedom unlimited but not sure what CRA they use. My Equifax is low and I have things in dispute there but my transunion and Experian is good. Transunion-668 and Experian-670 and will be going up. Anyone know?

Thanks

It's always been EX for me.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Always TU and EX when I app...never have they pulled EQ.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moqueen82 wrote:

Thanks

Use a search engine for "credit pulls database" and type in Chase Freedom and you'll get hundreds of data points.  Just below where you type in the card name you're searching, you can select your state from the drop down menu to give you even more precise data points.  While there will be significantly less when you use just your state, they'll be more meaningful. 

I just did it for NY (my state) and out of 23 pulls there were:

EX: 12 (52%)

TU: 10 (44%)

EQ: 1 (4%)

Also, those 23 pulls were for 20 applicants.  This means that only 3 of the 20 applicants reported double-pulls... so perhaps double-pulls are less common in NY, less common for the Freedom card, etc. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pulled EQ and EX on me. 

Message 9 of 14
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Chase is well known for double pulls. They did a double pull on me for a CLI request, after telling me they could not transfer some of my FU cards limits to my Chase Amazon Prime...which was wrong. They eventually did transfer some of the limit, so the double pull was unneccesary. Chase issues good cards, but their habit of doing double pulls is very frustrating. Then there is their 5/24 rule that also stinks.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.