Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Card Next?

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: What Card Next?

@trumpetman595 wrote:

I would suggest the BofA Premium Rewards Card as it has a high signup bonus of $500 for 3,000 spend and pays for itself with the $100 incidental airline credit every year. Since you already have a relationship with BofA, you could potentially benefit from the preferred rewards program as well.

If there would be no AF, BOA Elite would be better than Premium Rewards. It has almost the same rewards structure and the perks look to be better.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 11 of 14
trumpetman595

@xenon3030 wrote:

@trumpetman595 wrote:

I would suggest the BofA Premium Rewards Card as it has a high signup bonus of $500 for 3,000 spend and pays for itself with the $100 incidental airline credit every year. Since you already have a relationship with BofA, you could potentially benefit from the preferred rewards program as well.

If there would be no AF, BOA Elite would be better than Premium Rewards. It has almost the same rewards structure and the perks look to be better.

Good catch. I forgot about the BOA Elite as the Premium Rewards is a better value without the fee waiver.

Message 12 of 14
ayeecorreia
New Contributor

Update, I ended up getting the Delta Amex Reserve to take advantage of 125k SUB. I've already met the spend due to a work trip i'm on, and looking for another SUB to take advantage of

I was unfortunately denied for the Venture X, but wonder if i will have a chance at the Venture. Heres my scores as of today

EQ 740, EX 745, TU 749

I'm 5/24 with Chase, as my Reserve is not reporting yet so i'm actually 6/24

Also looking at Citi Premiere, downgrading my CSP and getting CSR but i'm over 5/24. Any thoughts? 

Amex Plat, Gold, BCP, EDP, Aspire, Delta Platinum,
NFCU Platinum, Cash Rewards, Amex More Rewards,
CSP, CFF,
Barclay Arrival,
BoA Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines,
Capital One Venture
Citi Costco
Paypal MC
Best Buy
Discover
Military Star
Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ayeecorreia wrote:

Update, I ended up getting the Delta Amex Reserve to take advantage of 125k SUB. I've already met the spend due to a work trip i'm on, and looking for another SUB to take advantage of

I was unfortunately denied for the Venture X, but wonder if i will have a chance at the Venture. Heres my scores as of today

EQ 740, EX 745, TU 749

I'm 5/24 with Chase, as my Reserve is not reporting yet so i'm actually 6/24

Also looking at Citi Premiere, downgrading my CSP and getting CSR but i'm over 5/24. Any thoughts? 

Congrats on the Delta Reserve approval. What is the approved CL?

I would wait until you learn the reasons as to why Venture X was denied before you proceed with another attempt for a different version.

If you're currently at 5/24, you'd likely be wasting a HP, unless you're on a YOLO streak and want to test the waters with the United CC and if you don't mind whatever outcome it yields. You'd have to decide on which Chase CC to do YOLO (or for science), United or CSR. Though, you'd need to wait until CSP is fully PC'd before you try for CSR, but it's unlikely to bear fruit with 5/24.

I'm not sure if the Citi Premier still has the 80K SUB promotion, but you can definitely check to see whether there are any offers via incognito.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.