cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Card Do You Use When You're On a Date!?

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Credit Card Do You Use When You're On a Date!?

@Revelate wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

If you are dating someone other than a gold digger, it probably mostly doesn't matter which card you use.  If you are dating a gold digger, run away fast; You deserve better.  The cards I would avoid on a date would be Hooters, Orchard, Credit One, Household Bank, First Premier, and Walmart.  The average person doesn't know that the Best Buy card is sub-prime, so you'd probably be safe with that.

Don't be labeled as a geek, skip on the BestBuy card Smiley Happy

We're talking third or fourth impression anyway by the time we're talking about a credit card so I suspect it's far less important than things such as hygeine, dress, table manners, conversational ability, etc. ad naseum heh.

Plus most folks wouldn't recognize CreditOne / FP anyway, heck Credit One is a black card from the promo offers they keep sending me, maybe it'd be misthought to be a Centurion! Cat Tongue

Ummm... there are some of us who find geeks to be very attractive! If you're a geek, don't be afraid to show off your geekness... in the end, you'll be happiest finding a geek loving partner! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 61 of 82
CS800
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

If you are dating someone other than a gold digger, it probably mostly doesn't matter which card you use.  If you are dating a gold digger, run away fast; You deserve better.  The cards I would avoid on a date would be Hooters, Orchard, Credit One, Household Bank, First Premier, and Walmart.  The average person doesn't know that the Best Buy card is sub-prime, so you'd probably be safe with that.

We're talking third or fourth impression anyway by the time we're talking about a credit card so I suspect it's far less important than things such as hygeine, dress, table manners, conversational ability, etc. ad naseum heh.

Plus most folks wouldn't recognize CreditOne / FP anyway, heck Credit One is a black card from the promo offers they keep sending me, maybe it'd be misthought to be a Centurion! Cat Tongue

Ummm... there are some of us who find geeks to be very attractive! If you're a geek, don't be afraid to show off your geekness... in the end, you'll be happiest finding a geek loving partner! Smiley Happy

+ 100

Message 62 of 82
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I take out my Palladium (or as my friend calls it, getlaidium) card and "accidentally" drop it on the table from a height of about 6 inches to get the ideal "clink" sound. Then I'll take it back and use whatever card gives me the most points.

Lol getlaidium.. I should use mine too Smiley Wink

Message 63 of 82
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Ok guys, when you take a girl out on a date, what credit card do you like to pull out when you pay.....ya know, to show off a little bit ;P

Do you pull out the Amex? Flash around a little bit of the Discover? Or when the date goes south do you pull out the capital one secured card and call it a night haha..

My husband paid with cash on our first date Smiley Happy  I was more impressed with that than if he had hauled out some plastic.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 64 of 82
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

TBH Tinu, I suspect you're in even a bigger minority in that category than actually being a member of this forum Smiley Happy  It's certainly comparable at any rate, I see that every day in the office where frankly unless I go out of my way to overdress the environment I don't get given the time of day on the first floor by the female employees when 95% of the guys are either technical or in management of some sort... and all the first level managers are working ones for that matter too.

Geeks may admittedly make good mates, but it's hardly a good first impression for most women. Just like nobody dreams about working in IT, nobody dreams about marrying someone in an IT profession either, though there are 'geeky' jobs which probably are more attractive (experimental physicist or similar).

I made an earlier post regarding what cards state about their users, I rarely see a woman in BestBuy that isn't there with a guy... and everyone else is male.  I'll stand by my earlier assertion it's not an ideal card to be using on a date Smiley Happy.  Most women just don't dig BestBuy.

        
Message 65 of 82
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think any big occasion for me the AMEX gets called from the bullpen and gets the bizness Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 66 of 82
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My wells fargo card actually looks the most "exclusive" since it isn't a cap1 and it's pretty much grey/black. My cap1 card is just green and loserish because it says "Capital One" in big letters.....I use my wells for that very reason. Maybe I'll use the cap1 card designer and just make my card black Smiley Tongue 

Message 67 of 82
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Message 68 of 82
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

The ultimate Geek Card

https://applications.usbank.com/oad/begin?locationCode=9592&sourceCode=76020&preparerType=customer

LOL...Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 69 of 82
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

From one woman's perspective, I wouldn't care what card my date paid with. I wouldn't even try to look, I would be too thankful that I got to spend some time with a man kind enough to pay for my meal. Those guys are few and far between these days. Or maybe I'm just meeting the wrong men Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 70 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.