Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Score Is Needed For Amex CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: What Credit Score Is Needed For Amex CLI

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Imo, score isnt as important as income, debt load, and usage. 

Thank you! 

Message 11 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Thank you! 

you're welcomeSmiley Happy. Thing is Covid has really messed up what we know of lenders. But take heart that asking for cli is sp so no harm . If they say no, just try again in 3 months . Rinse and repeatSmiley Wink

Message 12 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Thank you! 

you're welcomeSmiley Happy. Thing is Covid has really messed up what we know of lenders. But take heart that asking for cli is sp so no harm . If they say no, just try again in 3 months . Rinse and repeatSmiley Wink

Will do!😃😂

Message 13 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

In July I applied for a credit limit increase on my Amex Blue Cash Preferred but was denied. Reason for denial: Fico Score too low. Although my actual score was 737 the score they pulled on the Amex app was a month old, 708. 

Now that it's been at least 93 days (according to the date on the denial letter) I'm contemplating trying again. I just don't know what score I should aim for before trying again? I'm currently at 732 on both MyFico and on the Fico score on the Amex App. Any suggestions on a recommended score to have before going for my Amex CLI again?

Thank you everyone for all of your help!  Just pulled the trigger and my CLI request was approved! I went from $10K to $20K!  

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 4.02.04 AM.png

Message 14 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Thank you! 

My request was approved! I asked for $20K which is 2x my starting limit! Thank you again for your help! 

Message 15 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

thats awesome! This thread will be locked now feel free to share your approval in ApprovalsSmiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.