cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Unions pull an Equifax Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Credit Unions pull an Equifax Report?

Equifax has my highest score...  I am trying to apply for a personal loan + credit card.
Are there any credit unions that pull only Equifax?

I live in Southern CA. (Orange County).
Message Edited by connect4 on 10-25-2009 10:29 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: What Credit Unions pull an Equifax Report?

Welcome to the forums! What is your FICO score with EQ? A lot of them pull EQ, but some are pretty conservative lenders. Give us an idea of your situation and we'll give you some recommendations.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Almost all, OK; many, many CU's pull EQ. Patelco does not; it pulls EX. If you were in the upper Midwest, they'd probably pull TU.

You can call any CU's you're interested in and ask if they pull EQ. Generally they're willing to tell you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Alliant seems to pull EQ...  they don't even report my Visa to TU...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your very kind welcomes & feedback, Great Board

My credit scores are about EXP 768 EQ 780 TU 775, Household income $210K. No installment loans. 6 revoling lines + 3 authorized user revolving lines. I am trying to apply for credit cards and a loan/s. Also I have only 1 inquiry on Equifax.

There seems to be a lot of Credit Unions to choose from, how do I go about choosing the right one?

1. How do I know which Credit Unions will be easier to become approved for credit cards / loans? (Less stricter underwriting policies, easier to work with, etc)

2. I just started a business and so I can't provide income documentation, are there Credit Unions that will work with me and still grant me credit cards + loans without docs? I have a great credit score and my history shows I can pay on time etc.

3. If there are Credit Unions that will work with me, does anyone know which Credit Unions are easy to work with?

4. Regarding Equifax inquiries: I am glad that most Credit Unions pull equifax only. I will talk to each one to make sure they pull Equifax.
I've also come up with a list of Credit Unions that pull equfax + Easy/Hard credit criteria: (source: various other threads/posts)

Credit Unions: alliant, penfed(pentagon federal-stricter underwriting guidelines, low rate), Navy Federal CU, USAA (high rates)

Please feel free to correct, or add to the list with information on Credit Unions: Especially difficulty / ease of credit approval criteria.

Also please feel free to post a thread / resource that would list all the Credit Unions with specific information on them. Ex: difficulty on underwriting criteria, rates, cra pull, etc. etc.
Message Edited by connect4 on 10-22-2009 01:10 PM
Message 5 of 10
pattycake
Established Contributor

Those look like FAKO scores (scores that were not pulled from this site), which can be off from a real FICO score. Unfortunately, you can't get a real FICO from EX, but TU and EQ do show up on here. If you can get them, it is helpful to know what your true consumer FICO is. Mine was in the low 700's when I got approved for PenFed and University Federal (Austin), both of which were approved for $10K. Both pulled EQ.

Best of luck - I highly recommend CU's, as they are much more customer-oriented.

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 6 of 10
mt2va
Established Contributor

If you are eligible I definately recommend NFCU.  They pull EQ. 
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU, Alliant, PenFed, USAA (cu-ish) all pull EQ.  On rare occassions, it has been reported that for some loan products PenFed has pulled EX in addition.

Locally you just need to ask them.

Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you're interested in local credit unions, as contrasted to the nationally-based ones that we often discuss here, your best source of info is probably the office water cooler and assorted other gathering places.

To start with, you might want to check if your employer is affiliated with a CU.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
If you're interested in local credit unions, as contrasted to the nationally-based ones that we often discuss here, your best source of info is probably the office water cooler and assorted other gathering places.

To start with, you might want to check if your employer is affiliated with a CU.

Actually I just graduated and so I do not have employee networks that I can talk to about local CU's... I believe there are reviews on Yelp, but they rated Navy poorly in my area, so its not that reliable...

I was also wondering..  Is is true that most Credit Unions, if not all, in Southern California pull Experian?

And can I freeze my experian bureau and will the pull be transfered to equifax/TU? Is there any flags or negatives for issuing a credit freeze even after you remove it? (Since I have only 1 inquiry on equifax...)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.