Did you mean: 

What Did I Do? FPB

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: What Did I Do? FPB

@Wolf3 wrote:

@KayMD wrote:

I've had the ZYNC for 1.5 years and the Discover for four months. For FPB I only pay 7 a month.

That is still $84 a year and not worth it..   Plan to drop this card soon.

$84 plus the $49 fee that they waived, so at some point OP was paying $133. almost as much as a PRG Smiley Tongue 

Message 11 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HMMM - Now that I know Amex Zync for 1.5 years.... Have you dried for a revolving Amex?

Id call FP right now and say thanks for the $200 CLI but if you will not waive yearly and monthly fees for the next 12 months you need to close it...

Don't let anyone tell you "This card will help you build your credit which you need!"

No, sure don't, I have AMEX!!!

Credit One too...

Good bye to them.

look into a Citi Card

Message 12 of 18
KayMD
Valued Member

I wonder which amex should I look into or which citi card I should take a look at?

Message 13 of 18
KayMD
Valued Member

I did when I was 18.

Message 14 of 18
KayMD
Valued Member

"Your 9.99% APR means nothing if you are paying over $80 bucks a year, whether you use the card or not. Cut it loose and concentrate on that Discover card, Amex, and Wells Fargo. Next, I would axe that Credit First when you can. Can those two Cap one cards be combined? Oh and you have a 694 score, get rid of FP and focus on CLI on your current cards."

Is it even possible for CapitalOne to combine cards?

Message 15 of 18
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

Call to cancel FPB today and they gave me a credit limit to prevent me from closing, I've had the card since I was 18 and in the last three years this card has gotten me all the cards I have today. What did I do? I really don't see FPB as a bad company has everyone says they are.

From $200 to $400.

American Express Zync Card: $595.00 Balance Due this month.

Capital One: $495/$500

Capital One: $0/$300

Wells Fargo: $288/$700

FPB $0/$400 

Credit One:$0/$500

Discover: $100/$500 .

Yeah, i tried to close this year and they have me 400 to 650...Ive had it since 09. Im grateful for them. But this time I will not let them sway me to keep it unless they waive that CL fee and even then, im going to the military and while in basic training, i do not want to have to worry about a card thats at a zero balance and then up pops that annual fee and i forget to pay.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 16 of 18
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

For AMEX, Blue Cash Everyday, or (if you travel at all) Delta Gold or Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors gives 6x points for paying cell phone bill, cable internet, so it accrues points pretty quickly. None of these cards have AF's.

For Citi, maybe the Citi Forward (ears points on restaurants and bookstores (including Amazon), or Dvidend (cash back on rotating categories, kind of like Discover and Chase Freedom.

Don't fall for First Premier's schtick...as soon as you start getting approved for Discover's and Zync, you no longer need any card where you pay a AF. My advice would be to apply for a AMEX revolver, then (when approved) ask for a CLI in 61 days. Then I would wait a bit and app for Citi or maybe Chase Freedom, once you have cards reporting with a higher limit. Also, I WOULD DEFINITELY AXE FP AND CREDIT FIRST!!!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 18
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

"Your 9.99% APR means nothing if you are paying over $80 bucks a year, whether you use the card or not. Cut it loose and concentrate on that Discover card, Amex, and Wells Fargo. Next, I would axe that Credit First when you can. Can those two Cap one cards be combined? Oh and you have a 694 score, get rid of FP and focus on CLI on your current cards."

Is it even possible for CapitalOne to combine cards?

I have never personally done it, but I have read about people having success consolidating cards. It cannot hurt to ask, especially if they both have annual fees.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.