Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do you think of the local CU

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Do you think of the local CU

I LM for the LO and she called back today and said that she will send me out my new card. The card has a 12% fixed rate for cash advances,BT and purchases. But it does not have any kind of rewards. I feel pretty good about the card. Thanks for all the great help.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am a member of my small, local credit union and I am very pleased and happy.

And they have money to lend!!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 18
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

When should I ask for my first CLI? I was thinking maybe asking six months out. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We joined the SF Fed CU about 15 years ago & they're absolutely fantastic! They have the kind of friendly, personal service that I would never expect to find in a larger bank. Their CC terms & rates are excellent besides-I just wish it had ocurred to us to check into their card 15 years ago as well, instead of last monthSmiley Tongue.

I've got to go on just a little about their CCs: 5.25%-11.5% APR, $15,000 or $25,000 CL, 1% BT fee, unbelievably low fees (which I'll never need, Dios willing), like: late fees, cash advance fees, overdraft fees.

Really, the thing I love most on top of their excellent service, loan & CC rates, is that every time I deal with them I'm dealing with human beings & not unfeeling droids reading from party-line scripts. If I need to speak to the department manager I don't get any argument. (I'll always remember the Chase CS rep who replied, "That's not neccessary.")

You can't go wrong with a neighborhood CU.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My local credit union is garbage and the only good thing about them is that they have free parking in front. I joined the garbage who pulled EQ and applied for a car loan for $25K I was instantly approved but they want me to have a cosigner with a 757 fico. I told them screw it and since they pulled my Fico already just give me a credit card and in response they insulted me by offering me a $500 CL credit card which I declined.

Never again

Message 15 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh dear, well, nothing is perfect, I guess. Sorry you have a turkey.

We have so many CU's in our area that the competition is downright bloody, and the consumers benefit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 18
brother7
Established Contributor

There are quite a few CUs on the island of Oahu. After doing some research, I joined one in February that has 3 physical branches, all in places that I normally go to. Their service is nice and friendly. Love the free BillPay!

The only think that bugged me is that when I joined, they paid 1% on their checking account. Then in April, they reduced it to 0.25% Smiley Mad  Oh well. They adjust quarterly so maybe it'll go back up in the future.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 17 of 18
krielly
Established Contributor

Our CU financed two vehicles for us in the last year and 1/2. One for 11.75% and the other 11.25%.

The interest rate may seem high to most until you realize the REAL kicker here is that both occured while we were in active Chapter 13.

I'm very impressed, and will continue to re-establish with them in the future.

K

Message Edited by krielly on 04-23-2009 06:33 AM

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.