Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Gives

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Gives

Hello all been a while since i have been on. The problem im having is citi bank cards no matter what i can not get. My report is  as follows 5 installment loans all paid on time two paid off. The kicker is two of those are loans through citi bank which have two more yrs to pay already paid 13 mths never late.the only bad thing i have is a old power bill collection that was reported paid in 07. I have contacted the collection company they have sent me papers agreeing to delete it. The denial letters i get from citi state collections on file i only have that one. and i willing to bet when it gets deleted from the file this mth. They will have some other crazy reason for denial. I think the system for those cards are fico driven. Oh and i also have a credit card that it now closed i had for 5 mths never late or over limit
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What Gives

Sorry, that must be frustrating! But I have to ask, why don't you just take your business elsewhere? And of course, never apply for anything with a newish collection. That's a kiss of death there.

Congrats on getting the utility collection off, or soon to be off! No apps until you've pulled all three reports and you see it's gone. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how much my score will go up
Message 3 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder how much my score will go up

Reporting collection accounts are a real show stopper. If that is your only baddie you will be pretty surprised by the change after it is removed. (Might prompt a scoring bucket change!) You will still have a thin credit file with little/no revolving TL experience, but at least you will be able to work on that.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.