cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened to the BofA Major League Baseball Cash Rewards Mastercard?

tag
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

What Happened to the BofA Major League Baseball Cash Rewards Mastercard?

I was online a few days ago and noticed that the MLB version of the card formerly known as Cash Rewards is no longer on the website. All other links to apply have also been re-directing to the basic, Visa version.

Additionally, as some may or may not know, Bank of America has several affinity debit cards available and the MLB was one of them. A month or so ago I noticed that the page which shows all of the different affinity debit cards offered had been updated to reflect pictures of all the debit cards with the updated BofA logo, contactless and unembossed cards; however, the MLB debit cards remained unchanged. And now, they are gone.

I actually did reach out to BofA and received canned responses. They would not tell me if the relationship with the MLB has ended or if the cards are temporarily unavailable pending a refresh.  

I mean, it's baseball season for crying out loud...and they remove the MLB cards? 

Anybody know anything? Their press release site mentions nothing. I have an MLB debit mastercard and have not heard anything about it ending...any way, just curious. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Happened to the BofA Major League Baseball Cash Rewards Mastercard?

I have the card and have heard nothing about any changes.

Message 2 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you try to bring up the page at creditcard.com you get this popup:

image.png

Who knows.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

possibly cut their ties with MLB and news to come?  

Message 4 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

possibly cut their ties with MLB and news to come?  

That's what it sounds like to me.  It's likely they will still grandfather existing MLB cardholders.

<shruggies>

Message 5 of 15
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters Hmmmm . . . sumptin up . . . in my Southern voice.Smiley Surprised

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If they truly lost the contract, my guess is they will PC users to the "plain" version of the card, but who knows.

Message 7 of 15
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

OP I know what you mean I have the WWF version (world wildlife foundation) card and that has been missing off the website for over 2 months even the WWF link goes to the "offer not available" splash screen.....maybe the contracts ended??

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

OP I know what you mean I have the WWF version (world wildlife foundation) card and that has been missing off the website for over 2 months even the WWF link goes to the "offer not available" splash screen.....maybe the contracts ended??

You can actually get to the WWF app directly from the partner area on the WWF site. I went looking for this one the other day. 

https://www.worldwildlife.org/partnerships/bank-of-america--16

Just hit the card image and it opens right to the app. 

Message 9 of 15
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

You can actually get to the WWF app directly from the partner area on the WWF site. I went looking for this one the other day. 

https://www.worldwildlife.org/partnerships/bank-of-america--16

Just hit the card image and it opens right to the app. 

WOW thanks that was not there like a month ago......still not on BOA's site....Thanks for that update Saeren!!!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.