Did you mean: 

What Is This?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Is This?

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

CREDIT LINE INCREASE REQUEST   We're sorry. You already have a credit line increase request in progress.

We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete.

I been belly aching for months over DISCOVER not wanting to do a CLI without a hard pull that i'm just not comfortable with yet if at all. I just signed on and i find this. Are they actually processing an auto CLI for my account now?

I HAVE NOT requested any CLI this month but i have been checking the CLI Page because the darn thing is never worked for me. Neither calling in. Neither the phone prompt diddy.

If this isn't a joke someone is going to have to pick me up off the floor if it really happens.

Obviously you attempted a CLI and backed out of it after they told you a HP would be needed.  I know this because I did the same and got the same message.

If you initiate a CLI with Discover and cancel it do to them wanting to do a hard pull, you can't reapply for 30 days.  Don't worry, the message eventually goes away Smiley Tongue

When does it go away?  Mine was there for around 3 months.  Is the programming that difficult to address a known glitch?

Message 11 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

CREDIT LINE INCREASE REQUEST   We're sorry. You already have a credit line increase request in progress.

I been belly aching for months over DISCOVER not wanting to do a CLI without a hard pull that i'm just not comfortable with yet if at all. I just signed on and i find this. Are they actually processing an auto CLI for my account now?

I HAVE NOT requested any CLI this month but i have been checking the CLI Page because the darn thing is never worked for me. Neither calling in. Neither the phone prompt diddy.

If this isn't a joke someone is going to have to pick me up off the floor if it really happens.

Obviously you attempted a CLI and backed out of it after they told you a HP would be needed.  I know this because I did the same and got the same message.

If you initiate a CLI with Discover and cancel it do to them wanting to do a hard pull, you can't reapply for 30 days.  Don't worry, the message eventually goes away Smiley Tongue

When does it go away?  Mine was there for around 3 months.  Is the programming that difficult to address a known glitch?

I think sometimes Peggy likes to cause rucus with Discover.  A known gremlin issue.

Message 12 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I've had 

"We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683)." 

For a while now. Not too concerned. Don't use my discover card all that often anyways. Only for rotating category stuff. 

Message 13 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I think sometimes Peggy likes to cause rucus with Discover.  A known gremlin issue.

Smiley LOL

I think I was more surprised by the CSR asking "oh did you still want that?"  Like they were so busy and hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

So then if what's been reported as your own experiences with them in that manner is DISCOVER a seriously flawed credit card company?

Was a Sears started company...how is Sears doing now? Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 20
keithB
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Mine went away in about a month.  Three months is pretty extreme. When mine went away I reapplied and was approved for 2x CLI.  Maybe they do intermittant soft pulls and let you reapply when they plan on letting you get a CLI?  I don't know.  In that 3 months are you applying elsewhere? How's your utilization? Discover balance? Over all credit scores?

Message 16 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Well i didn't attempt one Online, EVER!! Because all it has ever said is call in blah blah. And when i called on the phone they simply said not eligible but if i want they could do a HP. I been checking my account often after those calls and never seen a Credit Limit Increase In Process message before today. Look, i have Citibank who doesn't play those silly games, they have no problem after a period of time of a CLI via SP no problem with a nice limit, Synchrony bumps up after every 4th statement cut like clockwork and always a SP. I just don't trust DISCOVER and confidence in them is essentially null for other reasons even before requesting a CLI.

I will call them tomorrow and see if their site is just stupid buggy or if they want their CC to see some action again Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 20
keithB
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Well i didn't attempt one Online, EVER!! Because all it has ever said is call in blah blah. And when i called on the phone they simply said not eligible but if i want they could do a HP. I been checking my account often after those calls and never seen a Credit Limit Increase In Process message before today. Look, i have Citibank who doesn't play those silly games, they have no problem after a period of time of a CLI via SP no problem with a nice limit, Synchrony bumps up after every 4th statement cut like clockwork and always a SP. I just don't trust DISCOVER and confidence in them is essentially null for other reasons even before requesting a CLI.

I will call them tomorrow and see if their site is just stupid buggy or if they want their CC to see some action again Smiley Very Happy

Then the phone request triggered the message, I'm guessing.  Unless it's been saying that since day one. Hopefully it will all soon work out in your favor.  Good luck.

Message 18 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@keithB wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Mine went away in about a month.  Three months is pretty extreme. When mine went away I reapplied and was approved for 2x CLI.  Maybe they do intermittant soft pulls and let you reapply when they plan on letting you get a CLI?  I don't know.  In that 3 months are you applying elsewhere? How's your utilization? Discover balance? Over all credit scores?

***Rant Alert***

Discover took 3 attempts to get approved for.  Frankly I had better cards after they denied me the 2nd time (in 2011 I think?), it was all a matter of proving to myself it was obtainable.  They cited a near 6 year old paid judgement - that I fully took responsibility for.  So I applied when it aged off my reports and was approved.  Got into it for awhile, liked the Customer Service.  Then I got hosed on shopDiscover for $15.  I sent full documentation in and never heard from them.  Finally after escalating it, the Supervisor laughed it off like it was negligible and minimized my issue - something nobody in customer service should ever do.  To this day I haven't been paid and that happened around 10 months ago.  I'll take Ebates any day over shopDiscover because of that experience.  

I've added truck loads of new accts over the lifetime of my Discover card, nothing negative on reports, scores fluctuate between 750-800, utilization always under 5%  I don't blame them for not giving me a CLI.  My issue isn't about not getting a CLI, but their system is crappy - between shopDiscover and the inability to cancel out a CLI request (aka the gremlin factor).  I also won't miss an opportunity to express my real feelings about Discover Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 20
keithB
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

***Rant Alert***

Discover took 3 attempts to get approved for.  Frankly I had better cards after they denied me the 2nd time (in 2011 I think?), it was all a matter of proving to myself it was obtainable.  They cited a near 6 year old paid judgement - that I fully took responsibility for.  So I applied when it aged off my reports and was approved.  Got into it for awhile, liked the Customer Service.  Then I got hosed on shopDiscover for $15.  I sent full documentation in and never heard from them.  Finally after escalating it, the Supervisor laughed it off like it was negligible and minimized my issue - something nobody in customer service should ever do.  To this day I haven't been paid and that happened around 10 months ago.  I'll take Ebates any day over shopDiscover because of that experience.  

I've added truck loads of new accts over the lifetime of my Discover card, nothing negative on reports, scores fluctuate between 750-800, utilization always under 5%  I don't blame them for not giving me a CLI.  My issue isn't about not getting a CLI, but their system is crappy - between shopDiscover and the inability to cancel out a CLI request (aka the gremlin factor).  I also won't miss an opportunity to express my real feelings about Discover Smiley Happy

Haha, you aint the only one ever hosed by Discover.  I got my mom to apply so we could both get the $50 referral and they say she don't follow the referral guidelines!  What a crock.  After enough complaining, they gave me my $50.

And this month I'm like $3 away from having $100 cashback bonus!  Haha, I was planning on using the $100 to pay my bill this month Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.