Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Next???

tag
YoungB718
New Contributor

What Next???

Greetings Everyone,

I’ve been lurking on this board for a few months now and I’ve come to appreciate the plethora of financial information that’s always available to me.  I’m currently in the building phase and I have been for the last 6 months.  I currently have FICO 8 Scores of 668 (EQ), 690 (TU), and 734 (EX).  I began building with two secured cards (Cap1 and Discover IT) along with the addition of 3 authorized user accounts: Belk(19yrs/$1,600), Cap1(2yrs/$4,500), and Navy Federal(1mo/$19,500).  My current available credit is $37,100 with a utilization of around 3%.  I only carry a balance on my Chase Freedom since it’s 0% for 15 months.  On Monday I’ll re-open my old Navy Federal account after I pay the $220 that it was once overdrawn.  I’d also like to apply for my very own Navy Federal Cash Rewards card.  I’m totally open to any and all advice as it relates to me furthering my quest for great credit and high limits.   FYI, I only have one “Baddie” on my report…an old $330 Verizon bill that was fraudulently opened in my name but, despite how many times I dispute it, refuses to go away.  -Inquiries: EX@0, TU@5, and EQ@6

AAOA@ Approximately 2 years.

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $10k|| PenFed Travel AMEX: $5k|| NAVCHEK: $15k|| US Bank Cash+ : $10k|| Citi Thank You Preferred: $9.7k|| Lowes: $35k|| PenFed Promise Visa: $11.5k|| Navy Federal Platinum: $22k|| Navy Federal GoRewards: $25k || PenFed LOC: $5k|| Capital One Venture: $15k || Barclay Reward Visa: $2.7K|| Chase Freedom: $10K|| Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10k|| Chase Freedom Ult'd: $6.8k Boscov’s: $11.5K|| PenFed Thrifty Credit: $500|| Discover IT: $2,800|| Wells Fargo Cash Wise: 8.8k||
Beginning Score:600 / Current Scores: EQ-735, TU-744, EX-744
Goal Score:800 Across

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Next???

I'll speak for myself since I don't know what your needs are. I have enough credit and I'll build my credit from what I have. I will not apply for new credit unless it is vastly superior to what I already have.

Message 2 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@YoungB718 wrote:

Greetings Everyone,

I’ve been lurking on this board for a few months now and I’ve come to appreciate the plethora of financial information that’s always available to me.  I’m currently in the building phase and I have been for the last 6 months.  I currently have FICO 8 Scores of 668 (EQ), 690 (TU), and 734 (EX).  I began building with two secured cards (Cap1 and Discover IT) along with the addition of 3 authorized user accounts: Belk(19yrs/$1,600), Cap1(2yrs/$4,500), and Navy Federal(1mo/$19,500).  My current available credit is $37,100 with a utilization of around 3%.  I only carry a balance on my Chase Freedom since it’s 0% for 15 months.  On Monday I’ll re-open my old Navy Federal account after I pay the $220 that it was once overdrawn.  I’d also like to apply for my very own Navy Federal Cash Rewards card.  I’m totally open to any and all advice as it relates to me furthering my quest for great credit and high limits.   FYI, I only have one “Baddie” on my report…an old $330 Verizon bill that was fraudulently opened in my name but, despite how many times I dispute it, refuses to go away.  -Inquiries: EX@0, TU@5, and EQ@6

If you don't have a installment loan reporting. I'd add a shared secured loan to your profile.

It will give you a better credit mix and boost your scores considerably.That along with what you already have will open the door for the credit you seek.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@YoungB718 wrote:

Greetings Everyone,

My goal would be to gradually ditch the secured cards, store cards, and AU cards, and replace them one at a time with regular cards. Also since you're interested in improving your scores, you should reduce your utilization on Chase Freedom. What good is 0% interest if your goal is score improvement?

So I would add an occasional card, and when I do, I'd drop one of the existing entanglements.

With your strong EX score I would suggest applying for Amex BCE.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
YoungB718
New Contributor

FYI...I have 3 student loans totaling approximately 6k...all in deferment.

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $10k|| PenFed Travel AMEX: $5k|| NAVCHEK: $15k|| US Bank Cash+ : $10k|| Citi Thank You Preferred: $9.7k|| Lowes: $35k|| PenFed Promise Visa: $11.5k|| Navy Federal Platinum: $22k|| Navy Federal GoRewards: $25k || PenFed LOC: $5k|| Capital One Venture: $15k || Barclay Reward Visa: $2.7K|| Chase Freedom: $10K|| Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10k|| Chase Freedom Ult'd: $6.8k Boscov’s: $11.5K|| PenFed Thrifty Credit: $500|| Discover IT: $2,800|| Wells Fargo Cash Wise: 8.8k||
Beginning Score:600 / Current Scores: EQ-735, TU-744, EX-744
Goal Score:800 Across

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.