cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What The Heck Secured Citi Diamond early graduation ? No Way !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What The Heck Secured Citi Diamond early graduation ? No Way !!!

only had the card 10 months i  hardly used the card ill charge like 10 - 15 $ on it one month than let it sit for about 3 months no activity then around my 8 th & 9 th month i let a recurring phone protection charge of 8 dollors hit it next thing you no i get letter in the mail today saying i will automaticly be upgrade & will receive my citi diamond perfered card in 75 days along with my deposit thats all i did i just happy i did not have to wait the full 18 months 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i almost always paid in full i only let a small charge of around 8 - 10 $ report on it like every 2 -3 months othen than that i just let it sit & collect dust no activity , then paid it off then let it sit for another two or 3 months no activity before chargeing a small amount  to it then let it report again i guess they want to see that you dont really need the money banks are kinda stupid they like to lend money to people that dont need money if that makes sense so you kinda have to play their game only charge 10 - 15 max on the card a month pif let it sit 2 - 3 months then let a small 10 $ charge report pif wait a couple months & repeat

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i almost always paid in full i only let a small charge of around 8 - 10 $ report on it like every 2 -3 months othen than that i just let it sit & collect dust no activity , then paid it off then let it sit for another two or 3 months no activity before chargeing a small amount  to it then let it report again i guess they want to see that you dont really need the money banks are kinda stupid they like to lend money to people that dont need money if that makes sense so you kinda have to play their game only charge 10 - 15 max on the card a month pif let it sit 2 - 3 months then let a small 10 $ charge report pif wait a couple months & repeat

Thanks for sharing data points! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they do a hard pull at the time of graduation? Read on this forum they do another hp just before graduation. So, just double verifying.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Have not recieved any alerts and they already made the decision to upgrade me so im going to say that hp is false  

Message 15 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats OP. Looks like low utilization helped. 

Did they give you an 18 month timeline originally, or that was listed as a “within 18 months”?

Also, how many Secured Diamond Preferred get issued by Citi? Is that their standard secured card?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes & showing them you dont really need money yes it was supposed to be the full 18 month i even called twice & both reps told me they dont unsecure early its for the full term looks like they were wrong or unawrare yes the citi diamond is their only & standard secured card 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.