tag
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

What am I missing?

So I have the following:

CSR  $37k limit

Freedom  $12k limit

Amex BCP $25k limit

Amex Green  (Since 1987.  It's a bond, man!  Not happy they jacked the fee up on it.)

Cap 1 QS  $10k limit

Sportsman's Guide $14k limit.  (Since they can't ship ammo to my house any longer, it's rarely used.)

Is there some hole here I am missing?  CSR is for travel and I am slowly working to 1 MM CSR points in time to take my daughter to Europe when she is a teen in a few years.  BCP is mostly groceries and gas.  If I traveled by air the Amex Platinum might interest me for lounge access, though that seems to change yearly.  Right now, that's not the case.  So my FICOers, what, if anything, do you suggest?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: What am I missing?

Looks like a good line up to me.

If it's working for you and all of your bases are covered, I wouldn't change a thing.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elan MCP/US Bank Cash+ for 5% on 2 categories like cell phone bill,utilities and cable/internet for example.

Message 3 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous ... totally off topic but... Best... Username... Ever!!!

Message 4 of 12
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:

So I have the following:

CSR  $37k limit

Freedom  $12k limit

Amex BCP $25k limit

Amex Green  (Since 1987.  It's a bond, man!  Not happy they jacked the fee up on it.)

Cap 1 QS  $10k limit

Sportsman's Guide $14k limit.  (Since they can't ship ammo to my house any longer, it's rarely used.)

Is there some hole here I am missing?  CSR is for travel and I am slowly working to 1 MM CSR points in time to take my daughter to Europe when she is a teen in a few years.  BCP is mostly groceries and gas.  If I traveled by air the Amex Platinum might interest me for lounge access, though that seems to change yearly.  Right now, that's not the case.  So my FICOers, what, if anything, do you suggest?

Your question can not be answered with the information provided. Without knowing what your spending patterns are it is impossible to guess if there is anything "missing" from your line up.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Elan MCP/US Bank Cash+ for 5% on 2 categories like cell phone bill,utilities and cable/internet for example.

Do you recall what those are per quarter?  Such as every second quarter it's always "phone" and "cable", or does it randomly change? On DOC it says you can choose from their list for that quarter so I'm guessing you cannot pick the same two categories every quarter?

Kind of like Chase where it is what it is and you may not be able to utilize a certain quarter. 

I've had this card on my radar for some time but if it's basically the Freedom I think I can pass, and might just go for the Go or Connect. Athough Bank of the West keeps sending me offers on their 3% card, so I'm not sure if I should go points or cash this day and age.

Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you recall what those are per quarter?  Such as every second quarter it's always "phone" and "cable", or does it randomly change? On DOC it says you can choose from their list for that quarter so I'm guessing you cannot pick the same two categories every quarter?

Kind of like Chase where it is what it is and you may not be able to utilize a certain quarter. 

I've had this card on my radar for some time but if it's basically the Freedom I think I can pass, and might just go for the Go or Connect. Athough Bank of the West keeps sending me offers on their 3% card, so I'm not sure if I should go points or cash this day and age.

@Anonymous, I am willing to bet that @Anonymous could answer this? (Elan MCP)

Cash+ you can keep the same quarters all year round.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can keep the same categories every quarter, just choose the same ones. Max Cash has some different categories from Cash+ like a dedicated entertainment category but they're pretty similar overall. 

https://cashplus.usbank.com/merchants/index

https://card.myaccountaccess.com/credit/elanmicro/pdfs/categories_max_cash_preferred_visa.pdf

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a list that's been the same for a couple of yrs now. You can pick the same ones every quarter but you must remember to activate them!

Message 9 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a list that's been the same for a couple of yrs now. You can pick the same ones every quarter but you must remember to activate them!

They do email reminders to update the categories well before the beginning of each new quarter though.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.