Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances for AMEX BCE?

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

What are my chances for AMEX BCE?

On Monday, I would like to apply for both the Amex PRG and AMEX BCE. I'm very nervous about the double applications, so I wanted to know if my chances are good for getting approved for the BCE.

My EQ FICO score is 715, and my util is about 7%. I know Amex pulls EX, but my reports are pretty much identical. 

I am an AU on an AMEX Green in good standing from 1999, and I have had a ZYNC NPSL backdated to 2005 for a little over 6 months now. 

I have a Discover More - 3,000, Barclay Card - 500, and Capital One Secured - 500. I don't really have great limits but I'm hoping that if I do get approved, I will get at least 3,000. 

AAoA is 5 years

I do have one negative though...a charge off from 2008. 

What do you guys think my chances are for getting approved for the BCE? I'm not really concerned about the PRG. If I get it, great, if not, oh well. I just want to close my Zync after another 6 months. Thanks!

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are my chances for AMEX BCE?

Why weren't you backdated to 1999?

I think you should be good to get the BCE, worst case it will only be a soft pull if you're denied.

Message 2 of 17
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I agree.  You've got nothing to lose.  SP if denied and. 

Go for it and GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 17
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I think you should be good to get the BCE, worst case it will only be a soft pull if you're denied.

I think they backdated me to the year that I first had an Amex card in my name---I was added to the 1999 account in 2005. I think that's how it works for AUs. I am afraid to call and request the date to be changed to 1999. I feel like they will say no and screw me over and change the date to 2012. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccb2115 wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I think they backdated me to the year that I first had an Amex card in my name---I was added to the 1999 account in 2005. I think that's how it works for AUs. I am afraid to call and request the date to be changed to 1999. I feel like they will say no and screw me over and change the date to 2012. 

That's how it should work.  People generally haven't been able to get backdated to the original cardmember's join date.

I think you stand a pretty decent chance at the BCE, it will likely not be a hard pull if you are denied, so there's not much to lose anyway.

Message 5 of 17
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind, I read it wrong, I thought you were an AU in 1999, my bad Smiley Happy

Go for it, if they deny it's only a SP!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Amex bce does that mean if app for another Amex card it's always a soft pull?
Message 7 of 17
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the Amex bce does that mean if app for another Amex card it's always a soft pull?

Soft pull if declined, hard pull if accepted.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok Ty
Message 9 of 17
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Soft pull if declined, hard pull if accepted.

When they soft pull you, does that mean they are using the last report they soft pulled from you? Or are they actually pulling your current credit report. I've always been confused by this. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.