cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances for a Target Credit Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my chances for a Target Credit Card?

Hello, I’ve currently built my credit scores up to a fair category and I’m curious as to what my chances might be in being approved for a Target CC?
Scores are as follows:
TU - 652 w 2 Inquiries
EQ - 654 w 1 inquire
EX - 593 w 3 inquiries
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: What are my chances for a Target Credit Card?

Welcome to the forums!  They're not super picky and should pull EQ or TU, so you have that going for you.  I'd say you have a decent shot at approval assuming no very recent derogs, albeit with a likely small starting line.  Nothing is guaranteed in the credit world, of course.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Keep us posted! 

Message 3 of 8
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I’ve currently built my credit scores up to a fair category and I’m curious as to what my chances might be in being approved for a Target CC?
Scores are as follows:
TU - 652 w 2 Inquiries
EQ - 654 w 1 inquire
EX - 593 w 3 inquiries

Good luck! I opted for the debit card as I had a reloadable debit card before they phased it out last month. I'm not against credit cards, but try to avoid store branded/single store use cards.

The debit card gives 5% discount and free shipping too. The only real reason to have a "Target anything".  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
aircobra
Regular Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Scores are as follows:
TU - 652 w 2 Inquiries
EQ - 654 w 1 inquire
EX - 593 w 3 inquiries

Good luck! I opted for the debit card as I had a reloadable debit card before they phased it out last month. I'm not against credit cards, but try to avoid store branded/single store use cards.

The debit card gives 5% discount and free shipping too. The only real reason to have a "Target anything".  Smiley Very Happy

You do have a chance of getting it upgraded to the MC version though.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 5 of 8
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@aircobra wrote: You do have a chance of getting it upgraded to the MC version though.

Do I want the MC version? Are they improving it? Didn't Target have a MC a few years ago and it was 1% everywhere but Target. No thanks.  

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Target card a few years back with lower scores than yours and only one other card on my file (Home Depot). It was a small starting limit if $300 but with time, use, regular updating of financial info in the app, and score improvements, is currently at $2100. Interestingly, when I logged into my account today, it asked for an update of household income before redirecting to my account, so they may be ready to do another CLI review. I’ve had 5 auto-CLIs since I got it, bringing me to my current SL. Never requested one. After about 2 years, I got my first one, and then it was every 4-6 months automatically.

We shop at Target a lot and I have both the credit and debit cards, and use both. I like having them, for the discount and the perks listed above. Also, another perk is that with their card, your return period is extended an additional 30 days.

Message 7 of 8
gabeerwin
Contributor

I think you have a solid chance but as others have stated you are looking at a $300 starting limit (which is not uncommon at all).  My personal Target Card started at $300 and over the course of 18 months or so is now at $5000 and being upgraded to the MC next month.  Good luck if you choose to apply.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.