Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my odds with Citi?

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: What are my odds with Citi?

I doubt that very much LA

We all know they are never send directly from the bank.I did my homeworkSmiley Wink

Clearly the Po has no Citi card currently

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 11 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I learned some time ago that those pre selected offers mean nothing.  It's a marketing tool and has nothing to do with you...your credit worthiness...or their chances of accepting your app.

What does your TU file look like?  I ask, because several years ago I apped for a Nationwide Visa.  They pull TU exclusively and give great limits & CLI's.  My TU file was not perfect, but they approved me & gave me a $10k card.

Just thought I'd toss another option out to you.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 26
danielodonoll
New Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@modernsurrender wrote:

Right now, my profile is something like this: I've got around 12% util, AAoA is a bit short at under 3 years due to new accounts from 2012 (3 are less than 6 months old from Nov/Nov/Jan), 2 derogs (one paid CO and one collection) due to fall off next year, and about 3 inquiries per report (more than 2/3 of those will be off by the end of April).  My TU score is probably around 700... It was 692 on 3/13 but since then my util dropped 8% and I had an old collection drop off, however last time I app'd with Citi they pulled Experian... Quizzle gives me a 753 right now but I don't know how Quizzle's Experian Fako (I assume) compares to whatever score Citi uses from Experian.

Everything looks good, except for the derogs.

In my experience, Citi is one of the more difficult approvals, since they're entirely based on a computer algorithm with set parameters.  They are completely infexible with their criteria.  You have to have Fico score X, Income X, clean report X, balance within X Utility, have X accounts, with X CL, etc...

If preapproved, I thing it's worth a shot if you find one of their cards compelling.

Exelent point Open123Smiley Happy

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 13 of 26
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Thanks for the insight LosAngeles!

The 12% util is overall, split between my Southwest and David's Bridal cards - everything else is at $0 balance.  So my highest util on an individual card would be closer to 25%.  

I'm feeling like my odds with Citi are pretty slim until the two derogs drop in 2014, and at that point I won't really want to open anything anyway lol... I'm probably better off trying for a second Chase card to follow through on my BT plan for DH lol

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 14 of 26
LosAngeles
Established Member

@danielodonoll wrote:

We all know they are never send directly from the bank.I did my homeworkSmiley Wink

Citi is really behind on technology. You'd be surprised all the mailers we had to send out.... from in branch

Message 15 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@modernsurrender wrote:

I'm feeling like my odds with Citi are pretty slim until the two derogs drop in 2014, and at that point I won't really want to open anything anyway lol... I'm probably better off trying for a second Chase card to follow through on my BT plan for DH lol

With a derog that old and if it's a paid small trivial amount, it wouldn't bar the Citi computers from approval if you meet all of their other criteria.

Message 16 of 26
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone.  It's not a pre approval, just "pre selected" - I know neither of those are fool proof especially the latter Smiley Wink hence my seeking additional input lol

Bungalow, I might look into the NationWide Visa.  My TU profile is as described in the OP.  I've got around 12% util, AAoA is a bit short at under 3 years due to new accounts from 2012 (3 are less than 6 months old from Nov/Nov/Jan), 2 derogs (one paid CO and one collection) due to fall off next year, and about 3 inquiries per report (more than 2/3 of those will be off by the end of April).  My TU score is probably around 700... It was 692 on 3/13 but since then my util dropped 8% and I had an old collection drop off. Util is from 2 cards, David's Bridal and Southwest with around $800 on each.

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
Message 17 of 26
danielodonoll
New Contributor

@LosAngeles wrote:

@danielodonoll wrote:

Citi is really behind on technology. You'd be surprised all the mailers we had to send out.... from in branch

I dont wanna say 100% for sure but most of the time thats the way they do it,again i am not 100% sure

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 18 of 26
LosAngeles
Established Member

@BungalowMo wrote:

I learned some time ago that those pre selected offers mean nothing.  It's a marketing tool and has nothing to do with you...your credit worthiness...or their chances of accepting your app.

This could be true. I know when the preselected offers showed up on my computer (working at citibank), while looking into someone's account. It was usually an instant approval. GRANTED, I did work in a very well-to-do area and 8/10 people were approved for any product applied for with best interest, limits and all that jazz. So maybe, the area had more to do with it than the offer?

Message 19 of 26
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@modernsurrender wrote:

With a derog that old and if it's a paid small trivial amount, it wouldn't bar the Citi computers from approval if you meet all of their other criteria.

A lot of people seem to have experienced that any derog makes it a no go, which is my worry.  I rather find out what my best shot is and go for it lol

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.