Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my odds with Citi?

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my odds with Citi?

I had a paid collection on my CR when i applied for Citi, as well as a few 30 day lates from 2008/2009 and got an approval of $8k on mine.  I wouldn't say it rules you out.

Message 21 of 26
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Thats what i normaly do but the forum is my GPS for the credit direction.lolSmiley Very Happy

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 22 of 26
LosAngeles
Established Member

Like someone said earlier, if they have a card that compels you... go for it!

Citi doesn't really have anything that you can't get anywhere else. They are a good bank, but that's not to say that there aren't other good issuers.

If you want a Citicard, by all means go for it! If you feel like you can get a similar card somewhere else and don't really care about doing business with Citi, then go somewhere else. Simple Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@LosAngeles wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

I learned some time ago that those pre selected offers mean nothing.  It's a marketing tool and has nothing to do with you...your credit worthiness...or their chances of accepting your app.

This could be true. I know when the preselected offers showed up on my computer (working at citibank), while looking into someone's account. It was usually an instant approval. GRANTED, I did work in a very well-to-do area and 8/10 people were approved for any product applied for with best interest, limits and all that jazz. So maybe, the area had more to do with it than the offer?

Years ago, before I knew better, I used to get those in the mail & apply...denied every time.  They were sort of like the CC version of the Publishers Clearing House!

Since then, I sent in the permanent OPT-OUT form.  Those never come to my house anymore & when I want to app for something...I do my homework here.

@danielodonoll wrote:

Thats what i normaly do but the forum is my GPS for the credit direction.lolSmiley Very Happy

Perfectly said!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 24 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@LosAngeles wrote:

Citi doesn't really have anything that you can't get anywhere else. They are a good bank, but that's not to say that there aren't other good issuers.

In my view, for the same amount effort and cost (inquiry & new account), Amex and Chase offer much better options.

However, the Forward's 5X on dining and Amazon is a pretty unique benefit worth having in anyone's portfolio.  If you can get approved, I think Citi is definitely worth having, especially if you bank with them.  For carrying a balance, I don't think anyone handles this portion of the business any better than Citi.

Message 25 of 26
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@LosAngeles wrote:

In my view, for the same amount effort and cost (inquiry & new account), Amex and Chase offer much better options.

However, the Forward's 5X on dining and Amazon is a pretty unique benefit worth having in anyone's portfolio.  If you can get approved, I think Citi is definitely worth having, especially if you bank with them.  For carrying a balance, I don't think anyone handles this portion of the business any better than Citi.

And add "specials" like the TYP with unlimited 5x gas/grocery/drug store for 12 months, which is a great deal for some of us.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.