cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are people spending each month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are people spending each month?

I stop using business cards when I found out that you get less protection. Last year, I put close to half million on my credit card.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my cards are new and in the mail en route to me but I do have a QS1 and have been putting major spend each month and PIF. Total I would say about $2000 a month but this is going to change as my Discover is coming in and 5% off Amazon purchases and dept store will be great for Christmas shopping. I also have NFCU rewards card 1.5% on everything. But I also got in with the NFCU flagship and have to show $3000 in spend over 3 months to get my 40,000 miles. So that will likely take my biggest spend over the next 3 months.
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS- 19.95 my fico membership (rendered irrelevant by Citi DC)

Amazon store card- gets used a few times a month if not a disc/freedom Quarter

FBNO overstock- occasional large purchases, usually 1 tank of gas a month otherwise

Disc- 2-500

SM- 2-500 depending on where I am shopping for groceries (all of my beef comes from a local farm now, cash only. But the beef is better and the price is way better than 5%back)

Freedom- random purchases and chase portal 1-200

DC all utilities and recurring bills 5-600

Lowes- wayyyyy tooooo much (closed on house 6-29) in reality prob 800

Ebates- anything I can get thru the portal unless its lowes and Im gonna use the financing option

Once I finish up a couple more projects and a bit of decorating my spend will drop way back down, I had roughly 30k budgeted for upgrading the house. But then I will have a pile of cashback to use on a nice trip somewhere warm Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Around $2500 a month.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...you are really working it..nice $
Message 25 of 31
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I spend $400 per month at Subway. Good food!

Message 26 of 31
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just curious as to what people spend each month to keep their cards active?

I don't spend to keep active.  Spend on cards can vary quite a bit but averages about $6K/month.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my cards based on our budget which is basically the same every month, 2k, except for b-days & holidays. All non category spend and utilities are paid using the Double Cash. We use Sallie Mae & BoA CR for grocery & gas. Every couple of months, I make a small purchase with Walmart MC. The rest I throw in the mix every now and then to keep them active. 

Message 28 of 31
jbsea
Established Contributor

We spend about $5000 a month on most cards.  my go to card is amex ed and dw uses discover. I use nfcu visa or venture for those who dont take amex.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run about $2500 a month through cards. BoA Cash Rewards, Disney Premier and AARP get the majority of the swipes. A couple bills require Mastercard so I use my BoA Cash Rewards. Gas goes on this as well. AARP gets dining and everything else on Disney.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.