cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some good tips/tricks for different cc companies?

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: What are some good tips/tricks for different cc companies?

@Anonymous wrote:

Stralem What do you mean credits for Amex??

Airline incidental credits. They renew January 1.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 11 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CreditInspired How do you know when the AR is done at Navy?

Stralem What do you mean credits for Amex??

Hi Birdman7,

Prior to the last two month, we would either check our credit reports to see when NFCU did an AR or depend on someone on the forum to spread the word that the NFCU ARs were happening. And if I recall correctly, I think it was every other odd month. Then, NFCU started updating our scores every month. Then last month, something happened--we don't know what. Everyone who asked for a CLI got one via a SP, including me. 

And even this month, there have been posts that people are still getting SP CLIs. So for the moment, it appears that the AR doesn't matter. JMO. So, we can't depend on it because NFCU can slam the door at any moment and start doing HPs again.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Great info!
Message 13 of 15
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

This is in response to **iced**, #7/13 above. With the exception of the CLI I requested on my CFU the day after I got approved, all of my CLIs at Chase have come from them and they've been generous. Also, no HPs. I do bank with them; could that be the reason?
Message 14 of 15
joshk4u
Valued Member

Does anyone know at this moment if NFCU is doing SP for CLI on their cards ? Any info would be great !
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.