cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances of Chase creating a new credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the chances of Chase creating a new credit card?

The title pretty much says it all, but what are the chances of Chase creating a new credit card within the next two years?

I have researched all of the credit cards that are available to me, that I know of, I also have one slot open in regards to the 5/24 rule

I am planning on applying for the Chase Ink Business Cash in a few months, once all of my new application and card information settles on my report.

I am aware that the business card does not count toward the 5/24 rule, but I am also interested in a couple of other Amex cards.

Thank you for your time, information and responses!

27 REPLIES 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What are the chances of Chase creating a new credit card?

Never 24Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response Smiley Very Happy do you say that because they have had these same cards forever?

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

ff anything, Chase has been getting even more restrictive with their cards, which doesn't bode well for a new card soon. They have had these cards for a long time and have become a benchmark on the industry. 

Since you are open to Chase's business cards, then collect the ones you want from there while you have the chance. Then, fill your last slot with a personal Chase. Then focus on other lenders. AMEX will still be here when you are ready. Smiley Wink 

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I see what you are saying, because they do have a couple business cards besides the ink, like the southwest business card. So I could get that and the ink, then get the freedom unlimited and be done with my chase collection.

Great advice, thank you!

Message 5 of 28
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What about a no-AF Marriott Visa? I don't see that on the Chase website and IIRC that fell to Chase as part of the Marriott partition.

The Starbucks card kind of came out of nowhere.

So new cards seem fairly possible. Major new cards are probably less likely.

New features on CSP? Some have speculated about it, but I don't expect it. It would be a major change after Chase's "one Sapphire" rule.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, after giving it some thought, I would like to get the chase ink and not worry about all the others. It gives 5% back on great categories. 

The business card does not count toward 5/24, but you also cannot get it after you have 5/24

So I think I will get it now. I am also going to look into getting another hilton card with no af, but maybe a free weekend night stay.

Then I would get 2 weekened night stays!

I will also look into this for marriott, but chase had some pretty strict rules on not being able to get thier marriott if you already got a different marriott card... in a certain amount of time.

It would be nice to have multiple hotel cards and combine the free nights.

Message 7 of 28
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I dont expect the no-AF Marriott card to be particularly worthwhile. I was just pointing out that it is a card they are very likely to launch.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 28
Andypanda
Established Contributor

We can wll dream. My dream is a new wf card with a good permemanent grocery category, or a somthing close to citi dc, or paypal 2%. With my relationship with wf, i figure I could get a good cl.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

No soup for you!
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.