cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances of being approved for a AMEX BLUE?

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

What are the chances of being approved for a AMEX BLUE?

Lately I went on a crazy application spree for credit. Within a two month span I was approved for every single credit card ( Best Buy, Amex Zync, Citi Diamond Rewards, BofA Amex Rewards). My current TU score is 704 with 4 hard inquiries that accumulated within that two month span. My average credit age went from 2.2 year to now 1 year because of the recent applications. Now with multiple inquiries and insufficient income (Because I’m a 20 year old college student), what are the chances of being approved for the AMEX BLUE Cash? Would it be more practical if I waited 6 months then apply? I want to apply all at once because I wouldn’t want my Average Age to be lowered later on when I do apply for more credit. It’s basically get it done and over with for now. Also, I’m applying like crazy because I want the mixture of credit on my report with my Installation loan so once I do graduate within a year I can hopefully purchase home.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Re: What are the chances of being approved for a AMEX BLUE?

You have an AMEX already so your AAOA will not be lowered because the new AMEX will  be backtdated to the date of your ZYNC card. You should wait 6 months to 1 year IMO

Message 2 of 4
CrdtLrnr
New Contributor

Agree.  Get some history with the AMEX card you have.  AMEX looks at how you've used and paid their card as part of their magic risk assessment for a new card.

Message 3 of 4
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I guess waiting a year won't kill me so that I can have a higher % of approval. Thanks btw.

@CrdtLrnr wrote:

Agree.  Get some history with the AMEX card you have.  AMEX looks at how you've used and paid their card as part of their magic risk assessment for a new card.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.