Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances..

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

What are the chances..

If I break through the cracks and apply for a card. What are the chances I'd get approved? Like such as the Chase Freedom card I've been wanting, or trying Discover IT again even though they denied me in the Summer due to "limited credit history". I just want to reward myself. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: What are the chances..

How many cards aged since the last discover app?

Message 2 of 31
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

My newest accounts are 4 months old. 

Message 3 of 31
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

How many cards were active on the last app, and are still open? This is what they'll notice. The increased age of lines opened before your last denial will work in your favor.

Message 4 of 31
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

My 2 cents....follow your statement in your signature and stop thinking of credit cards for the moment ...Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 31
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

How many cards were active on the last app, and are still open? This is what they'll notice. The increased age of lines opened before your last denial will work in your favor.

Secured Visa card active since March 2013.

TJ Rewards store card active since July 2013.

Old Navy store card active since July or August 2013.

Capital One Mastercard active since August 2013.

Kohls store card active since August 2013. 

Last app denial was again for a TD Bank card (have been a customer since 2008) and that was in August. 

Message 6 of 31
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

My 2 cents....follow your statement in your signature and stop thinking of credit cards for the moment ...Smiley Happy

Guessing you're the angel on one side, and I'll be the devil on the other.Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 31
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Last app denial was again for a TD Bank card (have been a customer since 2008) and that was in August. 

Too many "recently opened," so I'd guess if approved at all, it'd be patheticly low limit.

Message 8 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

+1

Chances are slim at best.  It almost sounds like you want reassurance on this.  And, as another poster mentioned, if approved...key word being *if* it will likely result in a very low CL.

Message 9 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Too many "recently opened," so I'd guess if approved at all, it'd be patheticly low limit.

+1

Bingo.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.