Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances..

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are the chances..

@killer_queen229 wrote:
Even if I apply end of January or beginning of February?

As was on a poster when I first started running........it's as appropriate for building a nice card lineup......as much as you hate not to run as fast as you can:

"The race is not always won by the swiftest, but he/she who continues to run"  Slow and steady and that new purse will be thicker with nice cards and nice CL's!! Smiley Wink

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 21 of 31
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Just remember, it's much easier to get a good initial CL after some strong gardening than it is to claw your way out of low limit hell after being impatient to "get one's foot in the door".

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 22 of 31
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

Just remember, it's much easier to get a good initial CL after some strong gardening than it is to claw your way out of low limit hell after being impatient to "get one's foot in the door".

My highest limit is $600 on a few of my store cards. I want to get closer to or above $1,000 in March.

Message 23 of 31
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

Especially with Chase..........Hello $500.00 limit. X_X

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 24 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TeamPunishment wrote:

LOL... no kidding right?  Best part, 22.9% APR!

Message 25 of 31
samm90
New Contributor

Wait till your newest is 6 months old imo.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 26 of 31
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@TeamPunishment wrote:

LOL... no kidding right?  Best part, 22.9% APR!

+1 as you a caution note, don't think about applying for any type of credit until March 13!!!!! Hang it there missy!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 27 of 31
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

What's wrong with March 1st lol
Message 28 of 31
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:
What's wrong with March 1st lol

I meant March in general lol

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 29 of 31
alvon123
Super Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

How many cards were active on the last app, and are still open? This is what they'll notice. The increased age of lines opened before your last denial will work in your favor.

Secured Visa card active since March 2013.

TJ Rewards store card active since July 2013. Try for credit limit increase

Old Navy store card active since July or August 2013. Try for credit limit increase

Capital One Mastercard active since August 2013. Try for credit limit increase (contact EO) also try to PC this card to Quicksilver

Kohls store card active since August 2013.  Try for credit limit increase

Last app denial was again for a TD Bank card (have been a customer since 2008) and that was in August. 

Try for credit limit increases if they are soft pulls and converting your Cap1 card to Quicksilver. That will hopefully take care of your urge to app for new cads until Mar 1Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.