Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your 2020 Goal Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your 2020 Goal Cards?

My goal cards as of this moment are CSP and Amex Gold. I’m also thinking of possibly PC’ing from BCE to BCP. I’d like to reach my garden goal first (08.23.2020), and then apply for one of these options should they remain the same at that time.

What are your goal cards?
83 REPLIES 83
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: What are your 2020 Goal Cards?

I just PC'd my Sapphire back to a CSP yesterday, so goal one is complete.

As for my next goals, I want 2 cards this year; the CFU and Marriott Bonvoy Boundless. I'm 4/24 in August, so it will be a long wait (to me) to apply for the first card. I think I'll apply for the Marriott first since I can start the year timer for the free night sooner. I'm hoping some prequals will pop in over the year so I can feel more comfortable applying ahead of 4/24 or after August when I obtain one of them. The Marriott kept popping up as a prequal until Decemberish while I was 6/24, but at the time I was more interested in the Hyatt card.

Message 2 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!
Message 3 of 84
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My goal cards as of this moment are CSP and Amex Gold. I’m also thinking of possibly PC’ing from BCE to BCP. I’d like to reach my garden goal first (08.23.2020), and then apply for one of these options should they remain the same at that time.

What are your goal cards?

Amex sends out a lot of targeted upgrade offers...often $250 with the AF due. I'm in one such promotion now and may downgrade back to BCE in late 2020.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 84
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Hoping to PC my CSP into a CSR this year - my CSP turns 1 year old in May.

Also hoping for a Freedom, to compelte the trifecta!

But honestly, I don't know if either of those will happen... Part of me says I shouldn't kick the Chase hornet's nest, I'm walking on thin ice with them as it is. Sub-700 scores, utilization is a little high, and I settled a C/O with chase only a year ago. So I am probably best off not asking any favors from Chase any time soon, lest they review my credit and decide that I should not only be declined new credit, but have my old credit yanked as well.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 5 of 84
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Savor
Freedom
BCP
And I highly doubt it I’ll make it all the way through 2020 without accepting an Apple Card offer. 😂

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 84
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Ollo Optimum, but it's like a Dec 31, 2020 goal haha.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would still be 2020, even if it is the last day of the year! 😆
Message 8 of 84
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Mostly I need to get a new car before I exit the garden.  I'm planning to cancel my current Ollo card in October and hope that I still remain attractive (~700ish) due to BK-suppressed scores.  They don't seem to be offering the card to folks who would PIF.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 9 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope everything works out in your favor. Good luck!
Message 10 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.