cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your favorite geofenced/limited cards (even if you don't have them)?

tag
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

What are your favorite geofenced/limited cards (even if you don't have them)?

What are y'all's favorite geofenced credit cards, or credit cards that are otherwise restricted to some category? It doesn't be something you have. (I'd like to hear about the ones you wish you had!)

I'm thinking within the US. Probably a lot of cards are restricted to people in the US, or people outside.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
PoggersSlayer

Re: What are your favorite geofenced/limited cards (even if you don't have them)?

PCM , 5% on all spend up to 1k a month.

Addition Financial, some really unique rotating categories at 5% with a 3% travel, 2% gas...no balance transfer fee or ftf

Affinity pre coming nerf

Safe CU has some unique rotators

Message 2 of 30
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

Re: What are your favorite geofenced/limited cards (even if you don't have them)?

Thanks PoggersSlayer! Am I right that you can't even get PCM if you move? It's based on employer? Do you know any workarounds?

Message 3 of 30
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@PoggersSlayer wrote:

Addition Financial, some really unique rotating categories at 5% with a 3% travel, 2% gas...no balance transfer fee or ftf

Affinity pre coming nerf

Affinity FCU isn't geofenced - a $5 donation to the NJCFE makes you eligible for membership. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 30
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I saw somebody say that the Affinity card also has 5% on rotating categories, but I can't find that documented anywhere.

Is that true? Am I thinking of a different card? Is there more than one affinity? Any insight or sources appreciated. Thanks!

Message 5 of 30
crystal626
Regular Contributor

AODFCU. That PCM card looks great too. 

Message 6 of 30
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@TyrannicalDuncery wrote:

Thanks! I saw somebody say that the Affinity card also has 5% on rotating categories, but I can't find that documented anywhere.

Is that true? Am I thinking of a different card? Is there more than one affinity? Any insight or sources appreciated. Thanks!

They do have a few cards, yes, but you are thinking of the Cash Rewards card. Yes, they do have 5% rotating which applies to several (all?) of their cards. It's not highly advertised. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Affinity-FCU-Hi5-Q2-2022-categories-GAS-Gardening-Supe...

SD - Biz -
Message 7 of 30
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Mid-Florida when it was 2.5% with a $100 bonus.  

https://www.midflorida.com/blog/insights/july-2020/visa-signature-credit-cards-new-and-improved/

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 8 of 30
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@PoggersSlayer wrote:

Affinity pre coming nerf

I did not know about Additional Financial.  I can't find their list of quarterly categories.  

https://www.additionfi.com/personal-credit-cards/premier-rewards

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 9 of 30
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

What is PCM please?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.