Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your goal credit cards?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: What are your goal credit cards?

@robbulous wrote:

The only cards I wouldn't mind having right now are the Citi Prestige and Chase Ritz. Purely for the perks and luxurious card designs Smiley Wink The annual fee's will keep me from them though. I can't justify it.

Some words of encouragement, 2 years ago I had 2 secured credit cards with $400 total credit available. Now look at my card portfolio. My advice to everyone would be to get in with AMEX asap and utilize their 3x CLI to get a 25k limit. Then any cards you apply for after that will have comparable limits to that instead of lower limits.

Currently I'm fighting a false collection that's keeping my score down. Once that's off my credit report, I should be around 650-660. I'm waiting until I hit high 600's to apply for Amex charge card, then will use that to SP to EveryDay. i figure that's at least 6 months away for me. 

Message 11 of 99
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
OP, what's your score like? I got the Everyday card around 680, with a $10k starting limit.

I'm aiming for the Marriott card soon, and I'd love to get the Penfed Platinum Rewards and Simmons First Platinum later on.

Low 600's right now. Got a false collection dragging me down. 

Message 12 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Marriott. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You could apply now.

Message 14 of 99
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I am all set for now but in the future I could imagine to app for SPG and IHG. Both are very appealing to me 😀....but the garden police does not have to worry. No escapes planned. 

Yeah. I want an SPG but would really prefer to app for 35K offer.

Yep me too but they usually come around in summer ( a real pity it cannot be combined with maximum backdating) ...so for me it would be like middle of 2016 ...and from what I know you it will be the moment you see the offer ? ....lol

Message 15 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I am all set for now but in the future I could imagine to app for SPG and IHG. Both are very appealing to me 😀....but the garden police does not have to worry. No escapes planned. 

Yeah. I want an SPG but would really prefer to app for 35K offer.

Yep me too but they usually come around in summer ( a real pity it cannot be combined with maximum backdating) ...so for me it would be like middle of 2016 ...and from what I know you it will be the moment you see the offer ? ....lol

Well i'd prefer if it was 9 mos from now so I can get 1/2008 backdate on it.

Message 16 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You could apply now.

You are terrible. Smiley Tongue

I honestly think I have a greater than 50% chance of being approved right now, but I'm still a little nervous and I still think it might be better to wait until July. Clearly, Chase isn't afraid of extending me credit (they've given me two 7K lines), but neither of my Chase cards is six months old yet. By the time July rolls around, 3 of my EQ inquiries will have fallen off (Chase double pulled me last time) and my EX inquiries will have aged a little more.... Ugh...decisions decisions.....

Message 17 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You could apply now.

You are terrrible. Smiley Tongue

I honestly think I have a greater than 50% chance of being approved right now, but I'm still a little nervous and I still think it might be better to wait until July. Clearly, Chase isn't afraid of extending me credit (they've given me two 7K lines), but neither of my Chase cards is months old yet. By the time July rolls around, 3 of my EQ inquiries will have fallen off (Chase double pulled me last time) and my EX inquiries will have aged a little more.... Ugh...decisions decisions.....

Strike while the iron is hot. If not instant approval you could always take $2,500 off each of your other cards and get it opened.

Message 18 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Marriott and Citi Double Cash

...but mortgage and house first before ANY more cards.

Message 19 of 99
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You could apply now.

You are terrrible. Smiley Tongue

I honestly think I have a greater than 50% chance of being approved right now, but I'm still a little nervous and I still think it might be better to wait until July. Clearly, Chase isn't afraid of extending me credit (they've given me two 7K lines), but neither of my Chase cards is months old yet. By the time July rolls around, 3 of my EQ inquiries will have fallen off (Chase double pulled me last time) and my EX inquiries will have aged a little more.... Ugh...decisions decisions.....

Strike while the iron is hot. If not instant approval you could always take $2,500 off each of your other cards and get it opened.

Why is the iron hot right now?

Message 20 of 99
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.