cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your highest-earning cashback cards in your lineup so far, in 2023?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

What are your highest-earning cashback cards in your lineup so far, in 2023?

Just curious if anyone would like to please share what are their highest-earning cashback cards in their lineup so far, currently in 2023?

To briefly start off, for me in my individual case:

(1)  AAA Daily Advantage VS:  5% cashback on groceries and 3% cashback on pharmacies, also some other 3% categories, capped at up to $500 annually.

(2)  Redstone FCU VS:  5% cashback on gas and restaurants purchases, also various 3% categories, capped at up to $7,000 annually.

(3)  Chase Amazon VS:  5% uncapped cashback on Amazon and Whole Foods purchases.

(4)  U.S. Bank Cash #1:  5% cashback on utilities and cable TV, capped at up to $2,000 per quarter.

(5)  U.S. Bank Cash #2:  5% cashback on phone and fast food, capped at up to $2,000 per quarter.

(6)  Citi Custom Cash Rewards WEMC:  5% on various categories (I personally use for gas category), capped at up to $25 max redeemable rewards spend a month.  (ETA:  also 5.5% cashback when paired with my Citi Rewards+ WEMC.)

(7)  PenFed Pathfinder VS:  uncapped 4x rewards points/dollar on travel purchases.

(8)  BoA Customized Cash Rewards WMC #1:  3.3% cashback on online shopping, capped at up to $2,500 per quarter.

(9)  AOD FCU VS:  3% uncapped cashback on all purchases.

(10) PPMC:  3% uncapped cashback on all PayPal purchases.

(11) WF Propel:  3% uncapped cashback on various set categories, including travel, etc.

(12) BoA Customized Cash Rewards WMC #2:  3% cashback on online shopping, capped at up to $2,500 per quarter.

ETA:  adds/edits

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: What are your highest-earning cashback cards in your lineup so far, in 2023?

My BofA CCRs are Visas, so I get 3.5% at Costco with them and 5.25% with online shopping. Having a second one is nice with the $2500 quarterly 3.5%/5.25% combined cap.

BofA Premium Rewards gives 2.625%.

Mostly I earn MRs which these days for me are sort of "Delta Cash Back" with Business Platinum's 35% of points back. So BBP gives a little over 3% (tax payments, mostly), Gold gives a little over 6% in its 4x categories, etc (4/(1-.35)). Obviously this isn't true cash back, but it is a fixed redemption value for something I'd be spending money on, anyway. So it's close enough to "travel cash back" for me.

Costco Visa gives 4% on gas.

My two Chase Freedoms have gotten virtually no spend in the last 24 months.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 45
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are your highest-earning cashback cards in your lineup so far, in 2023?

My highest cashback card is the odd ball not many mention.

MyWalgreens = 10%cb on Walgreens brands and 5%cb on name brands.

It's my go-to home health and hygiene card. It also doubles as my medicine cabinet and first-aid restock card with that 10%cb.

Unlimited cb, no caps.

Message 3 of 45
SpaceCityCCuser
Regular Contributor

I'm mainly set up for a cash back family guy. I have recently added travel points to my setup. I will just focus on the cash back part. The rest of the setup is in my signature.

(1) Cap1 Walmart MC (5% rewards on online Walmart, includes curbside pickup) 40% of grocery spend

(2) Target MC (5% discount on instore and online Target) 10-15% of grocery spend

(3) Amazon Prime Visa Sig (5% rewards on Amazon) 5% grocery and a lot of random spend

(4) Chase FF (5% on rotating quarterly categories and SUB 5% gas)all gas on this card and on useful categories...this card will get grocery, amazon, etc spend before other cards with the same bonus category....I am able to use points at Hyatt and get 2-5cpp easily (Sapphire Card needed)

(5) Discover IT Cash Back (5% on rotating quarterly categories, on 1st year bonus match so 10% currently) using the max at the moment without issue

(6) SavorOne & VentureOne Combo (3% in Dining, Grocery (my walk in grocery card if other qtr cat cards are maxed/not grocery), StreamService, Entertainment) I move the cash back from the SavorOne to the VentureOne and use with travel partners 2-4cpp in my use cases...was able to use these points and combine with chase points to AirCanada in one use case

(7) Non-category spend goes to Apple if apple pay is available, if not it goes to Freedom Unlimited/QuickSilver...I am working to get that QS CL up it has turned into a hobby

(bonus) New card BCE will use on gas (3%...CFF SUB for 5% almost over) after cat cards are maxed/not gas and pay disney bundle with this card as well (was already paying for this)

Last Signature Update: 03/21/2024

Credit Age:
Approvals (Chase 5/24 not counting business cards):
Inquiries:

Financial Institutions:

Cards on the Radar:
2 plus years away cards:
Message 4 of 45
mgood
Valued Contributor

I have a handfull of cards that get in the neighborhood of 5% back.

Discover it Cash Back 5% on rotating categories (capped at $1500 spend per quarter), CASH any way I want it. Can get a little more value with their gift card redemtions, but I can take a statement credit or have the money deposited in my checking account.

Citi Custom Cash 5% on one category of my choice (capped at $500 spend per month) I take as statement credits but I think I did once have the reward deposited to my account. Can be used as Thank You points, which some people are really into and say you get more value that way, but I have not explored.

Wells Fargo Autograph and Capital One SavorOne both get 3% back in multiple useful categories. There's a lot of overlap betwen the two, but they each cover things the other doesn't.

PenFed Power Cash Rewards and FNBO Evergreen each give me 2% back on everything that I don't get better rewards on from some other card.

EDIT: I re-wrote this because I was including gift cards and travel points, not just cash back in my original reply.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 5 of 45
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Synovus Travel Rewards - 6.25% Travel 

AMEX BCP - 6% groceries & streaming 

Disco (2X) 5% groceries & drug stores 

Chase Freedom Flex - 5% groceries, Target, Gyms 

Elan MCP #1 - 5% home utilities & department stores

Elan MCP #2 - 5% cell phone & Internet 

Elan MCP #3 - 5% fast food & entertainment 

Affinity - 5% Amazon

Lowes Advantage - 5% Lowes 

Citi Custom Cash #1 - 5% Dining 

Citi Custom Cash #2 - 5% Gas & 5% PayPal (until 3/31 - targeted offer) 

Synovus Travel Rewards - 3.75% Maintenance (automotive and service) 

AOD - 3% Walmart and uncategorized spend 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 6 of 45
Kforce
Valued Contributor

USAlliant,  6% - Grocery

AOD ,  3% - General Spend

Message 7 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Cash-5%-gas

It/Freedom Flex-5%-groceries

Savor-4%- dining, streaming

Power Cash-2%-everything else

Message 8 of 45
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

I only have 5 cards, so mine's fairly simple:

• Citi Custom Cash: 5% groceries (may switch later)
  • Elan Max Cash Preferred: 5% utilities, internet
  • NFCU More Rewards: 3% gas, dining, and any leftover groceries
  • FNBO Evergreen: 2% everything else

I still use my last card (a Quicksilver) despite the anemic 1.5% CB, primarily because I like the protection of the virtual cards when I'm making online purchases. Plus, I found it very worthwhile to check the Capital One offers over the holiday season, because the cashback often beat my other cards -- 3% back at Walmart, up to 7% back with some other specific retailers, and there was even a 90% back offer (NordVPN).

Message 9 of 45
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

-US Bank Cash+: 5% on water bill/ electric bill/ home internet

-Citi Custom Cash: 5% on restaurants, fastfood, etc.

-GM Rewards: 4% on everything. Managed to bump my 2022 4% on gas to roughly 10.6% because I got my bonus $100 from them at $1,500 annual gas spend.

Aaaand that covers everything lol. I get 3% back with WF Autograph for my phone bill, but I'm primarily just using them for cell phone coverage. Great post!

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.