cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your limits on Amex Gold Delta Skymiles?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your limits on Amex Gold Delta Skymiles?

I'm just curious to see what everyone else is getting for limits on this card. I was approved yesterday for $5k and I'm nervous to ask for the 3x CLI at 61 days if nobody else has super high limits. It feels like a fluke that I got it anyways.

Thanks guys

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: What are your limits on Amex Gold Delta Skymiles?

My dad has a $50K CL on his Skymiles, although I cannot remember if he has the gold or platinum.  A $15K CL is small potatoes in the AMEX world, so I would go for it.

EDIT: I just texted him and he has the Gold.

Message 2 of 19
ray8806
Regular Contributor

I was just approved early this morning for $2K lol, but my history is quite short. Smiley Very Happy
EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 3 of 19
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for it last week and received $10k off the bat with the 50k bonus miles. Then I called in to get the MSD match from my other card and was given another 1000 miles for some reason. I think I unlocked the "appreciative customer" achievement.

Message 5 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

$9k. Will be asking for $24k in February. My 181 day mark. Started at $3k
Message 6 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Current limit is $15K

Was given $9.5K when approved (06/2013).

Requested $15K a couple weeks ago and it was granted.

Message 7 of 19
Goblin
Regular Contributor

lhcole77 - I definitely would have asked for $24,000....You're initial limit was $9,500 more than a year ago, and you've only requested a limit increase of $5,500? 

I can see that you're a major contributor to the forum, so there's no doubt in my mind that you know about AmEx 3x cli...Is there any reason why you didn't request more?  Just curious what the logic is behind it.  Maybe I can learn something. 

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 8 of 19
Berk
Established Contributor

I can't remember what I started out with. I have the platinum and currently have a 20k CL.

Message 9 of 19
chalupaman
Super Contributor

4.2K right now. It was 2K initially and got a counteroffer to double my limit and got another Amex card after that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.