Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What balance does Amex report?

tag
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

What balance does Amex report?

Opened 2 Amex accounts in early march. Expecting them to show up on reports this month.

What balance do they report? Will it be my statement balance, or the actual balance that is there the day they report?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What balance does Amex report?

@jdxprs1 wrote:
Opened 2 Amex accounts in early march. Expecting them to show up on reports this month.

What balance do they report? Will it be my statement balance, or the actual balance that is there the day they report?

They report the balance at the time of your statement.  They should start reporting after your second statement.  They aren't fast at doing so.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took mine about two months to start reporting. They will report the balance that you have on the statement date. My statement normally cuts almost a week after my due date.

Message 3 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

When you log into your AMEX account, they make the next statement cut date really clear. It can vary a bit from month to month, so it's important to take note of it if you're concerned about the amount that might be reported.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.