Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What banks will reduce your APR upon request

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

What banks will reduce your APR upon request

Inspired by the other Chase thread.  Does anyone have any tips on these banks?

US BANK=Will they do an AR and lower your APR at your request and how long was your account open?

Cap One Executive Office=Will they reduce your APR permanently at your request?

American Express=I am still in a 0% period but will they reduce my APR upon request? I have one of the highest rates on my BCP. Any other APR tips for Amex?

Barclays=My NFL card is being used for another bonus thing but it has a 17% APR.  Will they eventually reduce it upon request?

Thanks. Feel free to add your questions.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: What banks will reduce your APR upon request

AMEX will reduce if you are eligible. Mine was reduced by 2% upon request

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Capital One tends to do temporary APR reduction instead, like 3% APR reduction for 12 months.

So far my experience says only BofA will reduce your APR upon request.

Message 3 of 7
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

+1

called Amex recently, spoke with a frontline CSR, they reducted my APR from 10.24% to 8.24% on my BCP

Message 4 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

+1

called Amex recently, spoke with a frontline CSR, they reducted my APR from 10.24% to 8.24% on my BCP

Do you carry a balance?  Just checked, my 0% period is coming to an end, and my APR after is 17.9!   I don't intend to carry a balance, but it would still be "better" if the APR is reduced.  But don't want to bother them if it causes me work!

Message 5 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

+1

Do you carry a balance?  Just checked, my 0% period is coming to an end, and my APR after is 17.9!   I don't intend to carry a balance, but it would still be "better" if the APR is reduced.  But don't want to bother them if it causes me work!

I see yours say 6'06.  Was this a PC from another card, or backdating?   I got my BCP Feb 2012, but now says Feb 1987...

Message 6 of 7
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

+1

I see yours say 6'06.  Was this a PC from another card, or backdating?   I got my BCP Feb 2012, but now says Feb 1987...

Originally, I started out with the regular Blue Cash, then PC'd to BCP in 2011 when they re-structured their cash back system. And to answer your 1st question, I try not to carry a balance, but sometimes it happens. So if I have to pay interest i want it to be at a low rate, which was my main reason to request an APR decrease!Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.